Now this is awesome flying!

Now this is awesome flying! And great scenery to boot…

7 Likes

Well - the inverted flying is actually faked. The drone was up the correct way at all times.
He’s a good pilot - but he’s also an excellent video editor, too. :wink:

1 Like

Indeed - the title of one of his other edits is a bit of a give-away “Non-Gravitational FPV”

… and the Instagram of him editing that video …

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuoPL-4h3qW/

… but the final effect is brilliant.

I edited your post so that the Instagram thumbnail displayed here, too.

4 Likes

and there I was , so impressed!..

2 Likes

The real give away was the rather slow roll …. that drones just cannot do that.
They can’t fly on edge.

You can still be impressed that the video editing was so slick to have not made it obvious. :wink:

2 Likes

Hahaha! It stands to reason, anything that uses props for vertical lift can’t fly upside down!

2 Likes

Fairly easy to do a smooth “Ken Burns” in Final Cut pro, but I can’t get my head around why you would want to.

2 Likes

It’s not difficult in any software that I’ve used. I think the impressive thing in that first video was how well matched the rotation/bank was to the change in direction of travel. Pretty damned slick, I reckon.

At that rate of roll, it would never have reached the inverted … it would have been a fail at, or before, the 90° mark.

1 Like

feeling pretty stupid for posting now!!! :flushed:

1 Like

I wouldn’t … it was very convincing!

It was a nice video! And interesting discussion…

1 Like

I’m surprised there are not any racing drones that can reverse the props.

Maybe too much stress on the motors with sudden direction changes.

Not that I’d be able to make use of it :laughing:

1 Like

When are DJI going to bring out feathering props? It’s the obvious solution. :smiley:

2 Likes

Can you imagine the carnage with people accidently going full negative pitch :laughing:

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

Auto-rotate on battery fail would be good.

Batteries not failing a lot better, though. :wink:

1 Like

And what about auto landing upside down to protect gimbal?

2 Likes

Ummm - did you think that through? Our gimbals don’t have 360deg rotation … they’d complain rather a lot. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, not yet they don’t! :laughing:

2 Likes

As you can read above, never sure how much of this guy’s final video is courtesy of Premiere …. but ignoring any possible applied “banking”, there’s some superb flying in this.