Oak Manor Fireworks Display, Taunton

Dispite 25mph gusts the 2S continues to impress…

18 Likes

Can anyone spot the unicorn? :unicorn:

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 …Oh decisions decisions my favourites 2,3,6,9,& 11 …I would say

1 Like

Thank you mate :blush:

1 Like

:unicorn:

3 Likes

Brilliant Steve :clap: :clap:

Great set Steve - looks like the 2S is serving you well :+1: :+1: :+1:

Thanks @Drumsagard :pray:

@Jhdee thank you, yes seems to perform as well as the 2pro easily. So impressed with its low light capabilities. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Superb Steve, absolutely superb, :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Thank you Steve, :ok_hand:

@McSteamy2010
Hi Steve,
What was your approach to this? experimented with some manual settings, then post-pro’d ?
or modified iso/shutter in an auto exp.?
I imagine shutter speed was critical, what did these get taken at?

My son-in-law is involved with running big displays and want some good photos, but god knows my skills aren’t a patch on yours :laughing:

1 Like

I followed roughly what @kvetner told me after seeing his entry for the Fireworks Challenge
ISO-100 and 3-4 second shutter.

I dropped the shutter speed slightly to capture what I was after but it just depends on how much you want in your photos.

I’d reccomend between 1-3 seconds to get the best of the firework but keep the iso as low as possible to reduce noise.

This one was shot in fully Auto mode… which isnt bad at all, i just wanted longer trails.
ISO 1540 - 1.4sec shutter

If you base your settings on the above you wont go far wrong, you just need to nail the timings of the explosions. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks Steve :grinning::+1:
I’ll have to give it a try when he’s out next, they did Warwick race course last night

1 Like

Just go for it mate, worse case you know auto settings will have your back with great results.

I’m off to fly a display tonight over the sea. Fingers crossed for great conditions and stunning reflections. :crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

They are great shots well done.

1 Like

Thank you Terry :raised_hands:t4:

I enjoyed them too.

I found some leftovers in a hedge from my visit to the countryside today - empty of course!

1 Like

Stunning shots!

Thank you Ash :+1:

Great shots
John