On the fence about the Mavic Air 2?

@McSteamy2010 Yes Steve, Quickshots are defo only 1080. Rendering up to 4k won’t really make any difference; you can’t create resolution that isn’t there. But 1080 is still mighty fine and can be incorporated into a 4k movie and most wouldn’t notice… :smile:

2 Likes

Ah thanks for that Ian, good to know, I thought a 4K render Would make the 1080 Video shoot Really grainy, and when mixing that in with your 4K standard video shoot it would be really noticeable.

Every days a school day. Look forward to the next clip. Very soon I hope, I’ve exhausted YouTube’s MA2 library. :ok_hand::man_facepalming:t4:

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 If you’re watching on a 65" UHD TV then you may notice the difference when you come to a clip recorded in 1080 during a 4k movie, but barely… :slight_smile:
You must be totally clued up with square eyes if you’ve done all the YT vids on this new drone :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha, yes very true, however I aways take the American reviews with a pinch of salt, always good to have a yocal review from someone you trust. :ok_hand:

You calling me a yocal…? :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

I was very tempted to get this ma2,to compliment my mp2…and yes,they have them at my local argos…and i could pick one up today…BUT the lack of the hardware we were promised has so far put me off!!! not even a price reduction or upgrade when it is…grr!! :wink: :wink:

4 Likes

Maybe :grimacing::rofl: More yocal than the Americans :world_map:

My biggest put off as silly as it sounds is that hideous controller :-1:t4::man_facepalming:t4: Maybe I could get used to it but I love the Mavic pro style controller. :video_game:

2 Likes

hoping that ma2 will work with the smart controller then the hideous ma2 controller can be left in the box!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Why do these twats not listen to the customer, everyone I have spoken to about this MA2 controller, says it stinks YOU LISTENING DJI !.
And yet again DJI ,you missed a trick by not making it compatible with the M2P/Z Controller, etc.

2 Likes

The other thing with this stupid controller ,is the fact you have to buy a mavmount or similar,to mount a tablet,this thing ONLY supports a mobile phone!!! :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

And when we have worn out the side connector, or break it some how.
Then what do we do then?, Fuck All, because we can’t !.
All for the sake of 1 USB connector, so we have an alternative.
Fucking Priceless !.

2 Likes

funny but i have been toying with the idea of buying the ma from droneworks! think i will then get one with ADS-B???!

2 Likes

But, surely you will get clobbered for import tax?.

2 Likes

Yes that is the problem,a very real one,however there are some on Fleabay,where it says no inport duties,had this work out well with SLRHUT when i bought my evo1…

1 Like

so, buy from SLR hut?.

2 Likes

I would make sure of it, before you part with your dosh !.

2 Likes

To be honest Chris,have not looked yet,but that will happen today,given that i have just had to reinstall windows,on my brand new pc nearly 5 grands worth! due to a hdd fail,i will do so “sometime” today… i hope!

1 Like

Just had a look!!! no,not on there yet… :wink: :wink:

1 Like

@McSteamy2010 @chrisjohnbaker I think they’re trying to make you wish you had the “Smart” (LOL) Controller that’s roughly the same dimensions; you look at yours and go Oh, wish it had a nice screen in the middle…
My first thoughts on the controller? Apart from being pointlessly bigger, the phone attachment is a real pain. The phone cable is so fiddly to get out of the holder; the spring-loaded phone clip is so strong that it takes two hands to fit the phone and if you have any buttons along the side of your phone (power/volume etc) then expect them to be inadvertently pressed repeatedly unless you position the phone carefully.
And when you want to pack it away, you have to thread the cable around and into a tiny hole in order to retract the phone holder properly.
In short, apart from being nice to hold, its design is utter pish.

4 Likes

Prevention …

https://www.amazon.co.uk/JianHan-Reversible-Braided-Charging-Motorola/dp/B07TFF6B2K/ref=sr_1_3?crid=15Z3H813E1JYD&dchild=1&keywords=reversible+micro+usb+cable&qid=1589384095&sprefix=reversible+usb+micro%2Caps%2C177&sr=8-3

1 Like