On the fence about the Mavic Air 2?

??? don’t see that one Chris, Sorry?
So what your saying is that your phone has a full size USB on it?. with the other end in the controller?.
Or has being locked up for 8 weeks fried my brain?.
Can someone please confirm what connector the Mavic Air 2 has on it?.

2 Likes

Are !, 2 x USB-C connectors, 1 on the bottom, one inside the phone holder for phone connection.

Well that’s a bit of “lack of thought” gone into the design of the phone holder.
It’s bollicks for me then Ian!.

Nah Ian, he’s just even more confused now AND has bloodshot eyes ( again, but for different reasons ) :thinking: :blush:

2 Likes

So I decided to go ahead and get the Mavic air 2, had a little trouble trying to connect the aircraft to the controller last night. I decided to take it with me on a bike ride earlier today, I only flew it for 10/15 mins as it was gusting 15+mph. I’ve got to say the tracking is great I wanted to do more around the trees but there was a few people about, and dogs running around.

Here’s a clip of me walking through a little group of trees
nothing too fast or complicated due to the gusting winds.

sorry no screen recording I forgot :grimacing:

Apparently, you can change it back to 4K.

Not sure why it’s now defaulting to that anyway :man_shrugging:

Pic from Ash @ DroningOn:

1 Like

When I tried they were greyed out… Will have a play!

1 Like

Seen as a incomplete and DJI fixing the issues in the future, why would you spend your hard earned money now on one?

Not sure that it is that much of a “risky purchase” as with most DJI products,the hardware is pretty good.However like most products when first released there will be an initial 6 months of early firmware updates,that will enhance the drones features,and fix bugs.so,when you buy on release,in a way,you are helping DJI to “beta test” your purchase.hope that makes sense!In the case of the ma2,however,i will be holding off on a purchase,because at the moment,the current offering of the ma2 is NOT what we were promised,and has missing hardware,mainly ADS-B airsense .another reason to hold off for now,is waiting for this ,and future drones to be CE marked. this should ,hopefully make the drone less restricted,by upcoming laws. :wink: :wink: :+1: :+1:

I was gonna get one put I have been put off. I’m keeping my cash for sure.

Was really toying with getting this one, but opted for the M2P. Think what really put me off, was the controller. DJI have ruined it! (Personal preference) :thinking:
But I’ll have my crispy M2P delivered tomorrow. Gonna be a long day today. :confused:

4 Likes

Have to agree with you there Steve WTF were they thinking of !, going away from a lovely looking controller.
As much as I want an Air 2 ,using the Fly App has put me off a bit.
But, it does not stop me thinking about getting one, once they sort out the ADS-B shit.
You’ll love the M2P !.

2 Likes

I like the old controller as well it’s great put iPad in good to go I do have a smart controller but Prefer to use the iPad bigger screen unless it’s a sunny day where the iPad is not very good in the sun hard to see screen smart controller has more Brightness very good on Sunny days.

1 Like

Apologies , risky being the wrong word but for many essentially a drone that will be expelled from the playground.

1 Like

My flying buddy has had his MA2 for a couple of days and is fully delighted with it.

He says it is hugely better than his now defunct Air.

The images are very good indeed and even the 48MP images are less noisy that he expected.

It’s had a firmware upgrade and the image noise seems to be better than on the images he downloaded from the Danish guy on Youtube who did a review recently.

He likes the new phone position, and says that unlike the older Mavic ‘jaws’ his iphone can be locked in with the case still on; a definite benefit.

It’s been good in the wind, it was about 20 MPH here yesterday when he did his 2nd test flight.

Although the MA2 is better and more stable than the MA, he did say, (unsurprisingly), the MP is more stable in a wind as it’s heavier and has a larger span.

Hoping to meet up at a distance early tomorrow to do a side by side image comparison of the MA2 and my MP.

This is a good point, fitting an iPad/ tablet holder to the new remote will make it a hell of a size!

1 Like

Fly app is another one on my negative list,

Can’t wait chris! Exciting times. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Having bought an ipad mini, I’d be stuffed with the MA remote without an adaptor.
A large phone would probably be OK if that’s big and bright enough

1 Like

I have iPad 4 I have heard that it might not work with fly app it’s a bit to slow iPhone 11 Pro works good a bright screen but to small for me

1 Like

Hi All
I’m about to commit to buying my first drone and as a keen photographer have decided to go for the new Air 2 but before I commit I just want to double check if any of you have an ideas/suggestions/experiences of other options on the market. During my deliberations it seems to me that there are hundreds of videos and reviews on DJI products but far fewer on alternatives. Would I be right in thinking - look no further or should I be looking around. Does anyone have a view on alternatives that would meet the following:-

1. New pilot
  2. Keen photographer
  3. Frightened to death of crashing a new drone and loosing my money
  4. Not having sufficient money to spend on really good drone
  5. Reliability/support and parts for repair (should they be needed)

I did originally think about the Holy Stone 100 but quickly changed to the 720 but every review I read steered me to DJI so haven’y explored much beyond Finally I have read comments that suggested it may be prudent to let the Air 2 mature a few months so ensure all the “wrinkles” are ironed out.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.