Well the little monster arrived this afternoon. I got it all out of the box and charged everything up. Turned it all on everything seemed to do what it was meant to do. Had a bit of trouble getting it “armed”, it didn’t mention the left switch in the instructions apart from on the diagram. So eventually worked that out and it burst into life.
You weren’t joking, I had it on the bed and slowly increased the throttle and it shot off forwards and to the left. Put it back in the middle of the bed and pressed the trimming buttons to stop the drift, didn’t make a blind bit of difference. So if all else fails revert to the manual which said it should be trimmed out of the box, but did mention the trimming buttons. Not a lot of help, but further in the tiny manual there was a trouble shooting part where it explained how to calibrate the trimming, so did this a couple of times and it did improve things a little.
But the sticks are so sensitive, the slightest touch and its off, kept trying till it eventually it shot off up to the ceiling and got caught in the lamp shade. I had to get it down with my litter picker things. One of the propellors came off, had a good look around but could not find it so used one of the spares.
I had ordered some spare batteries but they were the wrong ones so I only have one battery, I’ll have to send the others back, checked his other items but he doesn’t have any of the right ones, the only other sellers I could find are all in China, so it may take a while for them to get here.
I will have to persevere with one battery, and it might be better in the garden. I did find it has 3 skill levels and I am definitely using the easy level, I’ll try again tomorrow, it wouldn’t be so bad if it just hovered.