Original M1P RC Batteries - Getting old / Replacing?

Anyone else with the original M1P RC (model GL200A that was also used on some later/younger Mavics) had any issues with their RC batteries?

Specifically :

• Lose charge when not in use far faster than they used to
  • Seem to hold their charge when in use for a shorter time
  • Seem to take less time to recharge

Anyone replaced the RC batteries?

1 Like

If it helps, I have an outlook reminder set for the 1st of every second month (as I charge all my batteries once every two months) so can share some numbers today.

Just looked at them both and after zero use for two full calendar months, one MP controller is on 54% and the other MP controller is on 59%

1 Like

I do a routine recharge of everything every couple of months.

My RC drops to ~5% in that time. Now changed to a monthly recharge reminder.

I’m guessing the batteries are pretty much standard NiCd … I might open up and have a look some time.

Hmmm - Googling suggests they’re these …

Your 5% versus two of mine both staying in the 50% bracket does suggest it’s knacked.

I’ve got a tear down thread on here somewhere when I did the Titan mod which might be of interest.

Don’t recall pulling the battery out though :thinking:

1 Like

Various pics here, looks like the battery is hiding under here: Titan Atlas antenna mod + car kit - #9 by PingSpike

1 Like

I’d forgotten those pics. :+1:

… from four years ago!! How time flies. :fearful:

1 Like

Yeah it was a while ago now :slight_smile:

There’s a teardown video a few posts up from those pics too.

1 Like

That doesn’t tear down as far as the battery.

1 Like

The power cable for the battery cable is visible in one of my pics there, it’s probably just under that next board :slight_smile:

I’m wondering if now is the time to start stockpiling a few spares for the MP. With all the FCC, NFZ and other parameter mods already done it’ll make the best legacy drone ever for '23 onwards.

I’ve not looked on eBay but I’m guessing they’re just dirt cheap now to the point where it’s probably worth buying a kit or two just to use as future sacrificial donor spares. Batteries too.

1 Like

I’ve even contemplated getting a “spare” from MBP … provided I can flash the firmware back to our favourite era.

1 Like

I don’t see a plug/cable of this type?

1 Like

I saw red and black and assumed power :man_facepalming:t2:

Could be that the battery on that site isn’t the correct one.

Watched two other teardown vids … neither go as far as revealing the battery.

1 Like

This one looks the same:

It seems to be in the display module …

(Typical sausage-fingered ham-fisted type video :fearful: )

This is the socket …

That’ll be why I didn’t see it then, wtf are they hiding it in there :rofl:

1 Like

Re: https://greyarro.ws/t/today-i-treated-myself-to-this/8964/6694

Where did you purchase the replacement battery?

Have you fitted it yet?

Mine won’t recharge past 88% today … so the time has come.

Edit: Strange. Since I was charging all batteries, I was charging the RC from the mains charger’s USB sockets … and it failed to charge past 88%.
Swapped to another USB charger and it seems to be continuing to charge. 92%, so far.

Got it here,