Ortisie and Sass Pordoi Dolomites Italy - 2950m high

Was recently in Italy on a travel tour holiday visiting the Dolomites. Didn’t have time unfortunately to film with my Mini 3 Pro but used the Osmo 6 Gimbal with my Samsung phone to cobble together this video.

The casualty emergency exit of the rescue helicopter was by pure chance. We went up to the 2950m high terrace of the mountain by cable car and all was quiet, but when we came down 30 minutes later there were ambulances and Polizia all over the place! Had the time to fly there but was not allowed!

Sorry about the no drone footage and I had a raging cold when I did the narration but thought it worthwhile to post the vid anyway! :disappointed_relieved:

What a pretty town, love the history, can see why it dates back to the bronze age. Couldn’t help but notice no young folk on the streets, which is a bit odd. The views from the Dolomites are amazing, would love to visit. Well done, always more challenging without drone footage. Narration was fine I thoughs. Cheers Col :+1:

1 Like

Great piece of work, especially as you were sick. Well done and thanks for sharing :clap:t2:

1 Like

Thx Chris. Was on a tour with Riviera Travel and the free time on the guided tours was tightish. If I was in a car I would have gone back after the helicopter had cleared off with the Polizia in tow. Ortisei is small and beautiful, and very Alpine…ish considering its Italian (nicked off the Austrians after the war)!

Malta next year so looking into the FRZ there. Bit tight around the airport but in process of getting clearance from the Malta CAD. They seem more drone friendly by the look of it. :crossed_fingers:

Thx David. Much appreciated was worth all the Lemsip and little healers! :joy::joy: