Overview of Southampton Rail Terminal, Southampton Docks

No frills, short video to attempt to iron out some issues.

FPS set the same and produced in highest setting available on editing software, does it look better?

6 Likes

You could have tidied up the scrap metal first. :stuck_out_tongue:

But - as far as frame-rates and stutters … looking good. :+1:

The Coastal Flyer Badge has also been added to your profile. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Hooray!!!

Brilliant thanks for all your help.

1 Like

I’ve flown over that part of the docks a few times. Taken off from the Marchwood area …

2 Likes

It’s definitely an interesting and busy place!

1 Like

Well done matey! :+1:

Thank you👍

Did you apply for permission from the Airport to fly?

Looking to fly down there next month and it seems that a request needs to be submitted. Any guidance would be appreciated.

You don’t require permission to fly where I was, it also helps that I work on the docks, so where I launch from is our company property. However you are right further over to the otherside of Southampton you do need permission as you are close or under the flight path.

Nice vid- Is it just me or do you get a sphincter twitch going over the water too?!!

Which reminds me @OzoneVibe, how much nervous water flying do I need to get my Coastal Flyer?

Thanks……yeah always worries it will drop out the sky in to the deep blue depths or get attacked by some crazy seagull.

Ha ha the dreaded seagulls… Only normally when I watch the footage back on the TV do I realise how close they come sometimes!

I was just reading ABP’s Port Safety Rules…

" Drones are not permitted over the Port or shipping lanes without prior consent from ABP. If you see a drone being used in your area (s) and were not aware of a planned flight, please contact security immediately."

Interesting they lay claim to the airspace above the Port and not a mention of drones in their byelaws.