Pano of the Cherwell Valley floods

I popped out this morning and took a pano of the flooding in the Cherwell Valley after the storm Christoph. It was created in Kuula after merging and editing in LR/PS and resizing to get a 2:1 ratio. Still a bit pinched at the very bottom and an obvious join line, even though the pano was shot using manual settings. Any advice on how to improve would be more than welcome.

5 Likes

Can you put the original files up somewhere for the class to play with ;o)

1 Like

Same @Mavic2Pro Kuula post - the other posting format here …

3 Likes

I am just looking at where I can upload them (0.99Gb). I will let you know when they are online.

'wetransfer.com` is your/our friend. :wink:

1 Like

I have a basic account, but I have ever only used it to send files to an email address. Do I click on the ‘Get Transfer Link’ button, after I have uploaded the files?

It give you an option for a public link at some point.

2 Likes

Great, Thanks Dave. Will post when they are upped.

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe @milkmanchris
The WeTransfer link is:

I will be very interested in your results.

1 Like

OK phase 1 done, stitched ok lost the pinching, next to play with sky

BTW its shitty conditions for a pano, way too much (murk) browns and green (75% of the shot) and the shadows on the trees at the bottom are also not stitching friendly

2 Likes

That is much better Chris.

Confession, please don’t tell me off. I uploaded a different pano from above, but the same problems still applied when I tried it in Kuula. The horizon I cannot see how to straighten and the stitching line is not improved when I tick the box. Also, all the images I have tried have that pinching at the very bottom.

Did you (can you?) do any editing in Kuula itself?

No editing in kuula.

The stitched image must be ratio 2:1.

What are you using to stitch the images ?

1 Like

I use LR to stitch, export to PS, increase canvas for obtain 2:1 (on the sky side - the top lol) and export as jpg for loading to Kuula.

ICE has stitched them perfectly … but currently Kuula seems to he having a wobbly. Keep getting permission errors. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

@OzoneVibe @milkmanchris
Thank you so much for your help Dave (and Chris). ICE seems to do a better job on 360’s than LR. See below for what I can now produce.

2 Likes

And in the other display format …

1 Like

@OzoneVibe

Dave, sorry to be a pain but do you know of any way to export the tiny planet option from Kuula. Below I just did a screen snip, but would prefer better quality if possible.

I’ve only ever managed the same screen grab from Kuula myself. Never found a decent interactive version.

1 Like

Which option is that? I chose the Link option from ‘Share’.

1 Like

From here : Interactive 360 Panoramas - How To Post on GADC

That gives the instructions as to how to find the html / iframe veriosn.

1 Like