Parrot disco for £299 anyone?

@Njoro :rofl:

2 Likes

If they are going to stop selling them it would mean when it’s gone, it’s gone :scream:

Mine is arriving Sat. Went with Amazon. If it flys away or breaks, they usualy just refund no questions asked.

Maiden flight will be Sunday, wind, rain or shine.

3 Likes

Photos and videos on Monday please :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a certainty mate. Only question is can I wait that long. I’d expect a mediocre flight or spectacular crash uploaded on Sunday evening.

Good thing is no editing required. It’s not about the spectacular shots rather the flight in general.

Can’t wait.

1 Like

“You lot eh”!
Anyway I had a cobra :snake: meeting with the wallet to discuss this blatant assault on our unquenchable desire for such technology, which would definitely bolsters the aerial fleet that I haven’t used all winter. The mistress for budgetary considerations has been left out of these meetings, and although the wallet and I hold the deciding vote we are both worried of the fallout which may follow.
The other matter on the table which has been approved by us without the consultation of the mistress of budgetary consideration is the upgrade to a PC capable of 4K rendering. In order to achieve our goal to upgrade by way of a custom build PC it is necessary to begin a campaign to discredit the once Apple of my eye Toshiba laptop which was obtained after such a campaign against the previous Toshiba was successful. The outcome of this conspiracy will be aired here for your amusement and advice.

4 Likes

I really wish I could unsee this … I am feeling a need I didn’t know I had …

2 Likes

I am mulling over whether my first flight should be at the safe and flat Beaulieu Airfield or at Swyre Head, the dramatic and highest cliff top around here. Safety boring or risky drama. Oh the choices

Drama please with a twist of lemon, stirred and not shaken thank you. :sunglasses:

1 Like

:see_no_evil: how did that get in there!

5 Likes

Being doing a little research before it arrives.

Didn’t realise the headset was more like a VR one where you placed your phone into it. Not ideal but for price can’t complain. Supposedly a good experience none the less.

The freeflightpro app by Parrot seems nice and stable on my S8. Was a bit disappointed that the flight plan section where you create autonomous missions is an add-on at £15.
I can live with that but bit of a pain if your phone is android and tablet IOS. You would need to purchase twice.

Modding is where it’s at.

For anyone planning to mod the easiest seems to be fitting a 4000mah battery. You need to expand the battery compartment by cutting into polystyrene but fits nicely and gives you up to a whopping 100 mins of flight.

Some of the long range flights are incredible.

Has a big fan base and highly reliable.

1 Like

@Njoro had a feeling you wouldn’t be able to resist :wink:

Can see this turning into a race to get first video up lol.

That box is massive! I think a photo when assembled is in order.

1 Like

Just to dent your wallets even further, the DJI Tello is now in stock :rofl:

3 Likes

That, by the way, was a cracking post :rofl: :clap:t2: :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I hope I get a chance this weekend, I’ve got a ton of work right now to do before Monday. I’m just about to initiate a preemptive strike on the budget controller by taking her to M&S and lunch followed by a reveal later :grin:

1 Like

Good strategy!

I was quite lucky, she spotted it on a deals website and told me to buy it.

1 Like

Just pulled the trigger on this. Just too good a deal to miss. I am not sure how much use it will get but will be fun to play with if I can find a suitable environment. Looking forward to seeing more feedback here and will post mine when I get it.

David

2 Likes

Mine arrived, all charged, firmware updated and the poor sad disco is now sat looking out of the window longingly

2 Likes

How much room / space do you need to land one of these?? Does it spiral downwards? Or come in straight like a glider?

As I understand it, glides in then you reverse the motor which slows it right down. cant wait to see that in action!

1 Like