Parrot disco for £299 anyone?

It’s all your fault!!!

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Now that I am in waiting, I am looking at more videos. This one makes me want to buy 2 of them at this price, so I can dog fight with a friend. Being a sad git with no friends though that could present another problem for me. I am having a hard enough time finding a willing spotter for FPV with my DJI Goggles …

Anyway this looks like soooo much fun!

Delivery scheduled for Monday … count down has started.

David.

1 Like

As I understand it you can land in a straight line or do a spiral landing, The manual says you need 80 metres to fly it

1 Like

Done lunch with her, work can wait, got the app, now reading the distruction manual. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

It senses the ground when it comes into landing to which makes the motor reverse to slow it down an props drop so they don’t get damaged. I’ve got some mods in mind for the Rc and will be using the shield with mini hdmi to plug the re goggles in :sunglasses:

1 Like

With the landing I think you can set a spot and it will bring itself in but few people talking of it ocasionally overshooting it by a fair distance.

From what I’ve read the best method is bring it down low and slow to where you want it and then hit the land button.

1 Like

Interesting, I too have the RE goggles :nerd_face:

Charging battery now with…

It’s a bit strange not to be able to test the controls until it’s in the air. I hope the servos are working but I won’t know until I chuck it into oblivion

1 Like

What’s the benefit of using a charger like that over whatever comes with it?

I’ve got a turnigy accucell 6 from heli days that’s lying in cupboard.

I’m able to charge the battery with it while the parrot charger charges the TX. Saves time really that’s all.

1 Like

Cool, good to know.

Anyone any idea about TX power output for CE and FCC mode.
Have been trying to find out but can only find vauge statements like it’s not as refined as DJI and you can manually select USA as location.

Been looking for that too, 1.2k distance in EU mode, 2k distance in USA mode but I don’t see the level of forum activity on these kinds of things compared to dji multirotor machines.

Same here can’t find any info on TX power. I’m now all setup and ready to gooooo. :grin:

1 Like

Reading this is like listening to eight year-olds that have been told there’s an extra Christmas this year … and it’s tomorrow! :grinning:

2 Likes

On free flight pro in settings under network there is a location setting.

I can’t change anything as not connected but might be worth seeing if it’s selectable when a.c. connected.

Dave, might also be some tears and a few tantrums if we break our new toys on boxing day.

2 Likes

As long as It doesn’t return to home towards the USA :flushed:

2 Likes

I have ordered a 3D printed skid plate for the underneath for landing protection, a guy on Facebook doing them has to be worth a go

1 Like