Pennington Flash ...gone wrong

Windows, I have an older copy of Photoshop, CS5 and also the DJI Media Maker

You have to rely on @McSteamy2010 or @OzoneVibe for help on windows, but the principle are the same (Iā€™m a Mac chap)

There are a couple of great tutorials if you have a search :wink:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s never Willstock? They still building houses? :scream: you will be connected to us soon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I just use the single combined JPG straight off the drone / phone and either upload that to Kuula or use the Planetical app on my phone if I want a tiny planet image.

3 Likes

Thanks all for the help, Ill have another try next time i get out and wont delete anything until ive played about with it a bit more :slight_smile: :grinning:

1 Like

Well, i got chance to try this out again today.
On the SD card, in each panorma folder, there are 26 of each dng and jpg, but no stitched version.
No stitched version in the main folder either.
Seems that on the phone, when i look at the dji min 2 library, i can click on the panorama image, and then it processes it into a proper 360.
I guess the only way to do it is to use that one, but wont it lose some clarity?

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest, 360ā€™s arenā€™t the clearest of photos anyway, I think because the drone is taking them in such quick succession, it doesnā€™t really process them that well and certainly not the best settings. Youā€™ll probably find that 9/10 people only use the JPEG version.

Odd how some peoples save and others donā€™t. :exploding_head:

1 Like

Thanks, yes, I suppose its more of a different type of shot than a work of art :slight_smile:

This one not too bad from today using the DJI Media maker to stich together

1 Like

I think it depends on the drone being used, my Mavic Air 2 process the 360pano within the drone and leaves me with a flat 360 pano JPEG in the normal folder.

But I donā€™t think the mini2 has the processing power in the drone to stich it at the time of taking like the Air 2 so you need to use the DJI media app to stich it afterwards on the phone.

1 Like

Correct - and same on the original MP which came out before panos existed.

Iā€™m the 1/10 - always stitched the dng files. But then again, the app stitched jpg on the original MP worse res ever, and seriously compressed.