PfCO / A2 CofC - Advice

There are hundreds (literally) of training providers out there, they’re also running a race to the bottom.

A PfCO certificate, issued by CAA, is the only thing that will allow you to fly commercially, it doesn’t matter who you get your training from :slight_smile:

My link re Phantom Flight School was more around hobbyist training, not commercial but they do also run PfCO courses.

I see.

But reading the Heliguy page suggests that the PfCO cert will be obsolete pretty soon.

1 Like

Don’t forget, if/when the new rules do come in to play, you might not need a PfCO for commercial ops at all :grimacing:

2 Likes

Maybe… :blush:

I suppose the guys at Phantum just need a PfCO and then they can teach hobby flying?

I have been RC pilot since about 1984. Mostly slope soaring but did move onto a single rotor helicopter back bout 15 years ago. Took me about 10 hours jsut to learn to hover.

I think the fact that Drones fly themselves is what makes them dangerous. So pilots dont really fly fully manually - ever.

LOL - what a mess.

I’m just gonna hold on for now. There is chance that within a year we’ll be in a dystopian country that is lawless anyway.

So I suppose there isnt really any authority other than the CAA…?

I have had a lesson with phantom many years ago when I first started and I have to say I wasn’t impressed didn’t really get much for my money other than cups of tea a chat round the table and 15mins of flying was very disappointed.
Maybe they are better now as it was early days?

I’m swaying more to ICARUS I like there presenting and they seem quiet transparent

Let us know what you decide to do :+1:t2:

These guys are great I have had several hours of training with them and I also obtained my pfco with them back in the summer. If you are interested id be more than happy to have a chat with you about it all!

From Rich: One of which is Phantom Flight School: https://phantomflightschool.co.uk/flight-school/

We have an exclusive agreement in place with them too, our Full Members are eligible for 20% off all personal training.

Hi Alex thank you for your reply like I said it was many years ago so I’m sure they are totally different now.
What do you use your licence for?

DM me and we can chat

So I have been looking in a suitable training provider to get me started of which there are so many and its become difficult to decide.

Flybe Technology, UAV Hub, Phantom Flight School & Coptrz are a few I have looked at. If you can give me any personal info on any of your experiences with these or any other companies it would be great to help me decide.

Thanks

1 Like

@Hazco your post has been moved to this recent thread on the same subject.

1 Like

Yeah, I highly recommend Phantom Flight School had so many lessons with them and even got my PfCO with them last summer

1 Like

Hi Alex,

Thanks for this, Yeah im definitely swaying their way at present. As in a complete newbie I think it best I have a 3 hour lesson with them to get a feel for it.

As im looking to do this on a commercial basis I will be doing the Pfco as well so hopefully I will get things underway shortly but I wanted to shop around to see what all the training providers have to offer.

Just on drone spec, Im finding the majority of people I speak to are recommending the Phantom 4 pro V2.0, as im looking to do work within the construction sector, is this a suitable product ?

Thanks

Hazco

Phantom Flight School get the thumbs up from me. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Proper trainers

1 Like

If you want more information you can message me if you want

Hi Guys,

I am looking to book my A2 CofC and was going to use UVAHUB has anyone done any courses with them and if so what did you think of your course.

Thanks for any advice

Terry

Moved your post to this thread that covers training providers.

Maybe have a chat with @macspite who is/was doing a course with them