PfCO / A2 CofC - Advice

Thanks

1 Like

I’m a bit late to the party in replying to this one…

I did my A2 CofC with UAVHub last month. I found the course material very good indeed.

The online ‘classroom’ thing was fine and primarily covered airlaw… just remember CAP 393 (Air Navigation Order) and CAP 382 (Incident Reporting) and you’re good to go.

The online assessment was very straightforward. Questions are presented via PowerPoint slides and you answer Alpha, Bravo, Charlie etc. The session is recorded by UAVHub.

The examiner will give you a verbal indication about whether you’ve passed or not, and you get your official result by email within a couple of hours.

Good luck! :+1:

Hi all, I’ve been looking in to doing the A2 C of C course. Has anyone done it, got recommendations on training companies? I’ve noticed some companies are not starting the course till the end of the year when the new rules come in to force, but some are offering the course now. I’ve looked at Heliguy, UAV Academy and UAV Hub.

1 Like

I’d wait do you have a PfCO?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

I booked my A2 cofC course today and with UAVHUB a bit nervous :sweat: .
Any help or advice would go down great .
And will keep you posted …

1 Like

HI @anon18134738 I’ve moved your post to an existing thread that has some good info and advice.

Good luck with it, and let us all know how you get on

1 Like

Good luck. I’ve just started doing my A2 C of C with UAV Academy.

1 Like

Good luck to you as well mate. I’ve got my
e,learning to do all this wk and virtual class a week a Monday then test booking :woozy_face:.

1 Like

I’ve just completed the Heliguy A2 CofC course and am about to book the online assessment after a bit of revision. The course wasn’t too bad, but I wouldn’t call it brilliant - no doubt it will improve a bit over time.

2 Likes

Why wasn’t it?

Why wasn’t it brilliant you ask? Just my personal view - I’ve many years experience in training adults in practical skills and and theoretical knowledge and I would probably score this course about 7 out of 10. I don’t see the benefit of just blindly giving everything a 5/5 star review in case I offend someone, I’d rather be a bit more discerning. Specifically, the course contents felt a bit like "what extra videos / content can we stick in here to bulk it out a bit?; the administration and structure of the course could be tidied considerably; the content was bitty in places. Overall, I got the feeling the course will be better in a few months time as they (hopefully) review and improve it.

2 Likes

So have you now completed it?

1 Like

I believe I have completed the entire course and just need to revise and do the exam now. However, as an example of what I mean by they need to tidy the course up a bit: although I have ticked all the completed boxes as I went through it looks like there are some videos I missed because they are not detailed properly in the main contents list you manually tick as you go through the course.

1 Like

Bit rubbish that isn’t it

Delighted to say I passed my A2 C of C test today :+1:t2: :grinning:

10 Likes

Well done mate nicely done :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! :+1:t2: :+1:t2:

1 Like

congrats John

1 Like