PfCO questions

Didn’t know that you had any by Phantom Flight School do you mean: https://phantomflightschool.co.uk/

Take a look in the #members-only category. :wink:

ok will do

Damm wish i knew about the discounts before now oh well…

1 Like

Is there somewhere online where I can see potential questions that may be asked during this test?

I’m not interested in doing the PFCO at all but these questions and answers seem interesting.

1 Like

yes ill dm you

1 Like

Is it not something you can share publicly @alexmciver ?

@PingSpike doesnt seem right… also don’t know if i am really allowed to be doing this

No worries Alex, just keep posting them here one by one :wink:

3 Likes

What is the minimum distance of the public (not under your control) from the take-off/landing area?

30mtr. Yeh I don’t get that one either. How are you supposed to fly 50mtr from persons not under your control, but you can take off 30mtr from them.

I thought it was 30 meters but seems stupid

I think @alexmciver was asking how far can the pilot be from the take off point on lift off? Right Alex? If so I know of no limit other than the 500m VLOS rule. For example you want to take off from A fly to B and land at B? If B is within 500m of point A the pilot could could stand at point B the whole time but I’d suggest you need to have visited A, setup drone, done checks, left a helper to ensure safe to take off (no people near) and react if anything goes wrong over a walkie talkie. A total faff but technically I think, legal. Unless your ops manual states otherwise.

no I think the answer is 30 metres

There’s nothing in CAP 722 about it

1 Like

Appendix A
A10 operational limitations.
Paragraph 4

With a DJI drone, which emergency(ies) is indicated by flashing of the red LEDs?

Alex,
This is for the Phantom 4

ok thanks it just says emergencies so do you think that means the warnings section?

What is the maximum acceptable risk rating (severity x probability) under which you should be willing to fly?