Photos from a novice!

How are they allowed to say that

See my response just before yours, but quite easily. As it is their property (the ship) they can make whatever rules they like so long as they adhere to current legislation re discrimination, race, etc

Yes but even at the ports of call, what about if it is away from the ship but in the docked city?

Its gotta get there though (on THEIR ship)

2 Likes

True do any cruises allow them to be on board

I believe that Royal Caribbean may still allow drones.

Would pay to double check if considering going with them.

We are going Norwegian Cruise Lines next, they won’t allow them

It always pays to double check, I got caught out with not reading the T&C of Emirates. Unlike all other airlines I’ve flown with they don’t allow drones as carry on.

I’m taking it on EasyJet next week, its got to go as cabin baggage, My Ski gear is in the hold, so time I have Mavic in the tiny hand luggage allowance there’s not much room for clothes :rofl:

:cold_face: Skiing with no cloths ?

I always pay for checked luggage on the budgets, worth it for the liquids alone.

Where you skiing, some of the resorts (France especially) are non drone areas :frowning:

Going to Morzine, and yes they dont allow Drones on the Pistes, but still going to take it and have a trip away from the pistes for some flying, and some geocaching, my back won’t allow 6 days on ski’s!

1 Like

Now geocaching, there’s a thing we love as a family.

I have no idea what this is all about I think that makes me a Muggle/s

1 Like

Neither do I so you’re not alone

1 Like

When I visited SeyĂ°isfjörĂ°ur on the east coast of Iceland last year, there was a huge cruise ship parked up, and I did encounter one dronie quite far inland flying at a waterfall, who I assumed had walked up from the ship. It’s a nice town and parts of the valley are spectacular (but a real hike if on foot). Let me know if you’re stopping there (or anywhere else), and I’ll see if I have any suggestions 

This may be out of date, but an article in Drone User last year said that Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean and MSC Cruises all allowed drones for onshore use.

Thanks but if they had explained that drones weren’t allowed on board, far enough, but to act as police and say they don’t allow them due to possibility of local or country laws being broken is not on. What anyone does with their time when not on board ship is surely nothing to do with the ship crew.

2 Likes

The only reason they give is

The safety and security of our ships is paramount and, as such, you are prohibited from carrying certain items onto our vessels. Security screening of you and your baggage will be conducted each time you board the ship and if you are found in possession of any of these items they may be permanently confiscated. This list is not exhaustive and any other items may be refused at the discretion of either the Port or Ship security staff.

This topic has taken on a new life a Topic of its own :wink:

1 Like