Pitlochry & Dunkeld Area

I headed up to the Dunkeld and Pitlochry area on Friday morning to check out the autumn colours. I was not disappointed as autumn has certainly arrived in Perthshire.
First stop was Dunkeld & Birnam with a flight over the river Tay with the M2P as the sun came up.

Next stop was Loch Faskally just outside Pitlochry.

Then it was on to Loch Tummell and The Queen’s View - a 3 pic manual pano with the Mini 2.

Last stop of the day was the ruins of Dunalastair House near Kinloch Rannoch.

14 Likes

Stunning set John, :heart_eyes: however I cannot award you the bonus as there is only 3 canoeist. :wink:

These are super. I hope I can get shots even half as good in February when I’ll be there. :+1:

1 Like

@Drumsagard visited pitlochry in 2015 when we had a holiday at a fantastic cottage , blackcraig bridgehouse at bridge of Cally near blairgowrie it’s a bridge over a river with a tunnel for road traffic and a cottage built on top, the original Nettie is still in place and is simply an open shaft that exits above the river :poop::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Super shots John.
I was hoping to be there at the weekend but my mini 2 still hasn’t arrived back from repair. I only live half an hour away though so plenty of time and opportunity left. Perthshire has to be one of the best places in the UK for autumn colours, they amaze me every year.

:joy: Cheers Steve :+1: though you may want to look again :wink: :grinning:

Thanks Paul :+1: February weather up there can be great, cold clear frosty mornings with lots of mist :+1:

2 Likes

That looks amazing, I may just have to check it out :+1:

1 Like

Yes definitely, I love Perthshire in autumn. I’d say the colours should be at their peak over the next week or so. Let’s hope for no strong winds!

1 Like

You sly dog!

Full points :rofl:

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Cracking photos.

2 Likes

Great photos at a great location, the whiskey’s nice as well.

2 Likes

Yes. Cheers :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Thanks Stephen :+1:

It certainly is :+1:

Absolutely stunning set as usual John :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John :+1::blush:

Utterly outstanding. Brings back very fond memories of the area.

1 Like

Thanks David :+1: