Playing with D-LOG

Thanks Colin that makes sense,so this is a garden you can also fly a quad in,when you are a member with a key?:+1::+1:

So far nobody’s told me not to. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why did you tempt me to do this? Very nearly lost the drone, but got it back - phew. Didn’t seem it but must have had a tail wind going out and coming back was sloooow. Redirected so I would get over land earlier in case I had to emergency land… made it back to the beach, after sending my wife running to the end where I’d have the first chance to land and recover. She hand caught it as the motors cut on 0% and it dropped into her hand.

Video to follow.

1 Like

I didn’t suggest not checking the weather. :wink:

Yeah - I wouldn’t try with that wind. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’d seen 7kts, nothing compared to what I had it up in earlier in the year!

In my long water crossings I do ensure that any wind is in the home leg direction.

This was 6km round trip … and no wind at all.

2 Likes

Worth it.

1 Like

CRIPES! I see what you mean about gannets! I’m surprised you got back even if you had enough battery!

<< crosses off my list of places to fly >>

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thankfully they didn’t seem interested! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Small mercies, and all that. LOL!

1 Like

I’m looking forward to seeing the whole circumnavigation of the island. At the end of that clip there seems to be far more gannets further round, and flying up to your height, too.
At what height were you flying?

1 Like

This has to be one of my all time fav bridges.

Me and the wife stayed at the Albert hotel and that was our view :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Shortly after the end of that clip I switched to sport mode and started bringing it back as it just want moving on it’s own. Got a good pass of the other side though. Will upload later.

I was at 120m. Bass Rock is 107m and from the shore, they appeared to be not above the height of it (apart from when over it which I avoided)

1 Like

Not quite as smooth as the first clip. I wonder why.

1 Like

:+1:

Were you still recording as Mrs @colinbm ran along the beach and for the hand-catch?

Almost perfect day for another attempt? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It cut out just before “landing”, this was the final frame. Out at the moment but will put the video up later.

1 Like

Off in a different direction today. Going to Five Sisters Zoo. Probably won’t have opportunity to fly but it’s in the bag with one battery (as hadn’t charged after yesterday).

1 Like

Another “car” advantage … battery recharging! :wink:

2 Likes

This was more “forgetting to do in the evening” :slight_smile:

1 Like