Portable power station recommendation

@777flyer, @OzoneVibe, @gunja99, @Sparkyws

Thanks lads for all the info and links provided👍.

I think the Inverter route is the way to go, sorry Paul I wasn’t thinking outside the box when you mentioned car battery, I just had an image of the Inverter having to be attached to the car, not just the battery on its own, doh!
I’m going to get the CamperRav™ :joy: sorted first, and then rig something up from the info in the thread.

Again, big thanks lads👍

3 Likes

As heavy as lead-acid is (it’s in the name, really), they do have excellent Ah/£.

Have you had any personal experience with this charger Wayne?

Only asking because I’ve bought 2 similar with claims of ‘fast’ charging only to be let down with a snails pace charger🤷‍♂️. Hamster on a wheel would be quicker.

I could do with something like this for a quick back up charger :+1:

See my comment! All the dogs in the world want these kinda bollocks! :+1:

1 Like

Yes its the one in the picture, it will charge my Mini 3 batteries at 36w fast charge

These are the specs

1 Like

@Leylo1971

I will test it on the Avata batteries over the weekend

Good call, if it’s anything like its FPV big brother I’ll probably use two packs just trying to land it :rofl:

1 Like

I bought 3 x van/truck batteries, totalling 300Ah, from the scrappy a couple of months back for £100. 2 of them were a nearly new.

… and each needed a forklift they were designed to power to move them. :+1:

One on order​:+1:. Nice one Wayne :grin:

1 Like

You won’t be disappointed! :+1:

1 Like

Just an added question.

I had a look at inverters. We have pure and modified sine wave. Does it really matter for drone batteries if a modified sine wave Inverter is used🤷‍♂️.

Thanks in advance👍

Mine is a modified sine wave and has been fine, it should get some more testing this weekend

Pure sine is a must for motors and sensitive
equipment

It depends on the quality of the ‘switched mode’ charger you are plugging in.
Nothing to do with the actual batteries :man_shrugging:
You’ll only really know by trying it or somebodies history of the same set up.

This is where Amazon is so good, if it don’t work, send it back :laughing:

Thanks Steve👍

Thanks Wayne.

It was the ‘sensitive’ equipment which was niggling me. I had a read up before posting the question and didn’t know if ‘intelligent’ flight batteries were classed as sensitive :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Batteries will be protected by being downstream of the charger … which would be the item that might complain … is my understanding.

1 Like

Like Steve says it about the charger than the batteries as is charger or other appliance that’s receiving the modified sine wave

Right, got ya👍.

The charger is inbetween the battery and Inverter so if anything the charger would cop it.

Thanks Dave

1 Like

Also, my understanding, the first thing a “charger” does with AC is run it through a transformer and rectifier … that are rather unintelligent and tolerant.

Efficiency might suffer a little … check the “charger” isn’t getting silly hot.