Portable power station recommendation

Had a search before asking could only find old threads.

Right, I’m after buying a power station for getting out and about. I havnt an igloo so I was hoping someone could point us in the right direction.

The gear I’d be wanting to use it on is mainly Dji gear, batteries, remotes etc but the more connectivity the better.

And also an half decent output

Batteries - Air 2s x 5, Avata x 7, goggles 2, RC pro and another couple of controllers.

That list is ideally what I’d be taking with me anywhere, it’s if I want to spend a couple of nights out when at the mo I have option of just one,without charging again.

I’m on about converting the Rav4 into Rav camper see😁

Budget🤔. Obviously as cheap as, but I was wondering what I could get for 300 quid, if anyone had one of which would charge the above.

Don’t really want anything fancy, just something that’ll get the job done😁.

Thanks in advance

Have you considered an Inverter connected to your cars battery ?? I have this one and it is great. Purchased this brand after weeks of research [Amazon.co.uk]

Cheers Paul, I’ll have a look into that👍

@Leylo1971 Belows a table that might be helpful as to how many Wh the power station is to how many charges you may get, Anker do make some good ones but not cheap.

Probably not what what I was looking for, but I’ll defo keep in mind.

Thanks for the link and reply👍

Cheers Jim👍

Yeah, I’ve been looking at those models. And I like Anker.

I was looking for anyone with my type of set up and what type of unit they used, otherwise, I know me…that budget I’ve shown up top will be blown instantly :scream:

Air 2s battery 41Wh x 5 = 205Wh

Avata battery 35.71Wh x 7 = 249.97Wh

RC Pro battery 36Wh

Goggles 2 battery 18Wh

Total for 1 charge 508.97Wh + other controllers

Your going to need deep pockets :see_no_evil:

I’ve got deep pockets, trouble is the short arms🤣.

Cheers jim👍

1 Like

The cheap option is a large Leisure Battery and an inverter.

The trouble with a large Leisure Battery is they’re effing heavy!

2 Likes

I bought a leisure battery from Halfords that I use, with an invertor (not a posh one, but good for charging, though only really use for laptop, and the DJI FPV battery). This is fine if using in a car, or very near the car (I don’t like to charge Lipos in the car), but if you wanna travel further… It’s damned heavy

I also bought a LifePO4, and a box from B&M, and made my own with 2x12V, 2 USB ports, and a 5V output put. This cost around 150 for a 30Ah battery, and it’s so much lighter.

(The first Grey arrows portable charging solution)

These both get me far more than a day of usage each, and also charge from a small solar panel at home! Will see how many days I last this weekend, but hoping I can top them up with the kind people with generators :slight_smile:

8 Likes

OOoo - that’s a small one! (someone once said)

Mine is 110Ah … the packaging had “2 person lift” on it. :rofl: Only £95 though.

Needed for long duration use.

Well Karl lugged it, or similar, to willington once… ergh! What a trek!

(Edit: 70ah is the leisure)

1 Like

My kit

2 batteries acquired for Free :smiley:

65w cig lighter charger

150w inverter

1 Like

Yeah I need to know where people get their 12V lead acids from for free/cheap!

1 Like

I’ll now be calling this “Karl” …

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MDPY8KG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01

1 Like

UGREEN USB C Car Charger 69W…

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B094DFW7T7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Ditto on one of those. The only one that I can run my DSLR from. Charges from others, but they’re no good for using whilst connected for long time-lapse.

1 Like

I got mine of a mate but the local breakers yard is a good place to go

Got a breakers quite close.

I also have a trolley, for the bando trips, lol!

1 Like

Bought mine (and several car batteries over the years) from these people.
ALWAYS top-notch service … including instantly replacing one damaged by couriers.

1 Like