Portsmouth New member

Hi All,

I live in Portsmouth and fly a mavic pro 2 alongside its little support aircraft, the ever reliable sjrc z5.

I have tons of private land to fly on luckily as I do a fair bit of air rifle hunting. Very new to the Mavic pro 2 but been flying basic quads for years.

Would be fun to meet up with local members!
Rich

3 Likes

Hi Rich

I’m in Portsmouth too , Eastney to be exact , and im quite new here , yes it would be great to meet up with local members :slight_smile:

Mike

2 Likes

Hi Mike,

There seems to be a lot of us down in Portsmouth/Hampshire!

I usually drive to Midhurst/Bordon/Trotton/Horndean to fly as that is where my land permissions are. Have only flown locally at Farlington Marshes and with the Z5 at Southsea common (when space allows).

Where do you fly?

Hi Richard , I’ve only flown a couple of weeks now but Milton common seems good , also around the locks area ,

Didn’t think about Milton Common, good shout. Hopefully bump into you sometime down there, what do you fly?

I’ve just got a phantom 4, it’s my first drone so still getting used to it , to be honest it would be really good meeting up with local members who are experienced as you maybe able to help with things I’m trying to understand :slight_smile:

Hi Rich / @richardmarsh888, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number
of our members also own the M2P, and there are several Z5 owners, too … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Agreed, we will have to arrange a meet soon. New to my dji drone also but have read every crash thread on mavicpilots forum!

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Rich and welcome, I am in Southampton also a new member with a M2 pro with smart controller give me a shout if your out one Saturday as be good to meet with local owners and fly in new places.

1 Like

Hi @richardmarsh888 and welcome - glad you could join us mate :smiley:

1 Like

Hello @richardmarsh888

Hayling Island for me. I’m an old hand - been on this forum since June this year :slight_smile:

Look forward to meeting you

2 Likes

Hi, going to be doing a night flight mission tonight from the beach over to the south westerly point of hayling island above the golf course. Will have my super brights on for VLOS (easier at night lol) 8pm

1 Like

Hi guys did you ever arrange a meet ? I live on Milton common and am new to this would be interested in meeting up somewhere.

1 Like

No, not yet. If it’s down to me to organise then it won’t be until spring if someone else wants to set something up I’ll try and come along :slight_smile:

Not really true.

There have been “local” meet-ups - at Southsea a couple of times, Ower (Between Romsey and Southampton), and Portsdown Hill - during the past year. (Take a look in Meetups)

The biggest difficulties in a meet-up are finding people who’s lives enable a match in their diaries and then the weather playing ball on the day.

I’ve frequently suggested meets … but, other than just once, nobody else has been able to make the same time/date/location. Partly, that’s because the weather unpredictability has meant that I’ve suggested them at moderately short notice. But longer notice would usually have been killed off by weather, anyway.

None of that means I won’t be chucking out invites to meet up … but, from my side, they’ll usually be shortish notice … and, being retired, any day of the week … and often at the crack of dawn (or earlier for a sunrise) when weather can be better predicted.

Anyone can chuck a date/time/location into the mix (using the Meetups category) and there’s always a chance that someone else will be able to make it.

I will keep more of an eye out for these! Due to work and family commitments having to fly at night mostly. I do have the 10th December off and free for the whole day. Will add that to the meet up nearer the time good weather permitting.

2 Likes

Sorry, my mistake as I am a relatively new member. Either that or I never get invited anywhere!

Portsdown hill sounds good - if the weather is crap for flying at least there is a consolation Mick’s Monster Burger available :slight_smile:

1 Like

Too many calories! But unavoidable! :+1::+1:

Haven’t invited individuals … they’ve been open “Tomorrow morning @ Southsea/Lepe Beach/Clashot” type invites. :wink: