Pranged my mini 2

Bugger I backed my Mini 2 into a tree and it hit the deck😒 My own fault. Now we’ll find out how good Coverdrone are.

2 Likes

How bad is it? You’d be surprised the amount of times a new set of props is all you need

1 Like

Afraid it’s a bit worse than that, I thought the gimbal was gone but it seems to have clicked back in place, the rear right leg however is broken at the swivel and the body seem damaged as well

1 Like

Sorry to hear you crashed :pensive:

Don’t forget our Drone Doctor discount if needed.

2 Likes

crikey - a hi speed reverse?

1 Like

I know the feeling…

Crashed my 1st ever MM1 into the mother in law’s house! :rofl:

Keep us posted on Coverdrone claim please :+1:

3 Likes

Yes my own stupid fault, was trying to frame a photo and reversed into an oak tree :face_with_head_bandage: I’m please to say the tree sustained no damage which is more than can be said for the Mini 2

3 Likes

So far so good with Coverdrone, put the claim in and within a couple of hours I had an email from Heliguy along with a DPD label to send it to them.

2 Likes

Sorry you crashed your pal, I.would be gutted , as I’m sure you are .
Not heard of coverdrone before but it sounds really good .
Maty I ask on average what the cost is please, as I say I didn’t think there was such cover,
Hope they make it right for you.

2 Likes

Pretty much how I killed my first drone - trying to frame a good shot, backed into a tree, and landed in Lancaster canal :frowning:

Mavic Air 1 RIP

( well, actually sold as ‘spares or repair’ )

1 Like

They charged me £97 for my Air 2 and Mini 2 for non commercial use. Been with them for a couple of years now, first time I’ve had to use them. My cover is only for airborne equipment, not for anything ground based.

Tell me more…

https://greyarro.ws/t/drone-doctor-servicing-repairs-exclusive-gadc-discount-code/12983

2 Likes

Cheers Chris

1 Like

Fingers crossed it’s quickly back with you. If you’ve never crashed then you’re not trying hard enough :grin:

1 Like

Did you not take the Care refresh because you already had coverdrone for your Air2?

Yes basically, the advantage of Coverdrone is they cover flyaways which at the time care refresh didn’t

Care refresh Will charge £45

For First Repair

I replacing this bit myself £10-20

will need to unsolder and resolder and watch tube

2 Likes

How did you get on Pete?

2 Likes

Still waiting for a response from Heliguy. They got the drone on Monday so that’s a bit disappointing that I’ve not heard from them yet. I’ll rattle their cage after the weekend and see what’s happening.

2 Likes