Pranged my mini 2

Becoming a bit annoyed with Heliguy. They have had the drone for more than two weeks now and despite repeated emails they still havenā€™t looked at it yet :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Iā€™m beginning to wish that I hadnā€™t bothered with Coverdrone and gone with DJI care refresh

Have you spoken to Coverdrone?
I would imagine Heliguy are busy?
Below is my refresh claim with Dji back in Februaryā€¦

1 Like

Thatā€™s next on the list! In fact Iā€™ll email them now.

1 Like

The kind of thing I dread. So you can get insurance for ā€œlostā€ drones, more than the care refresh oneā€¦ hmmm

@gunja99 have a read: Hobbyist Drone Insurance Investigations ... June 2019

2 Likes

Thanks for this. All new here really, and desperately trying to find out everything I acn, keep reading, watching following, and eventually something will stick and make sense! (Itā€™s more the where legal to fly, but think thatā€™s all clicked into place last weekend!) Now to cover investments. Great community this!

Coverdrone responded quickly and they apologised for the delay and are contacting Heliguy, hope they have better luck than I did.

Updates will follow

2 Likes

@pete.mcarthur I did exactly the same thing last week, was framing a shot, backing up, concentrating on the screen instead of the drone, thankfully it was with the M2P and the beeping sensors woke me up. Hope your insurance sorts it.

4 Likes

I have the mini 2 and have dji refresh hopefully dont need it but Iā€™m not sure what the best insurance is. I have got very close with my mini pushing for close footage or flying around trees. I have been tempted to fly through gaps but I just backed out in the end. Hope you get sorted.

3 Likes

Well after having the drone for nearly 3 weeks the status of my ticket at Heliguy has changed from ā€œincomingā€™ to ā€œinspectedā€ I suppose thatā€™s progress

3 Likes

Things are starting to move now, just got an email from Coverdrone saying that Heliguy have given an estimate and the insurance company have accepted it. By the look of the estimate they are sending a new drone. Just got to get a email from Heliguy to pay the excess and with any luck Iā€™ll have a mini 2 back with me soon. :+1:

5 Likes

Dpd have my parcel :grin: :grin: should be with me tomorrow, Iā€™ve missed the little guy.

3 Likes

It could be a girl, you wonā€™t know until it arrives :joy:

2 Likes

The new Mini 2 has arrived! Couldnā€™t help myself nipping out to the back garden to do a quick 360

5 Likes

That is amazing! How do you do it?

1 Like

If youā€™ve got a DJI drone itā€™s dead simple, just select 360 panorama and press the shutter. The drone takes all the images and stitches them. You end up with a weird looking pano, just upload to Kuula.co and thatā€™s it. You can also load them into Photosphere on an iPad (donā€™t know if there is an Android version)
Itā€™s a lot more difficult in you donā€™t have a drone that automates the whole process but not impossible

2 Likes

Have a read of this thread for a start

We have a very active pano section with loads of captures and how toā€™s