Princes street Gardens Edinburgh Scotland

just back from princes st gardens seagulls are a nightmare, no video due to seagulls, so just some photos .
Princess St Gardens Edinburgh Scotland . Mini 3 pro

7 Likes

Nicely done john :clap: :+1: :ok_hand:

1 Like

Nice pics John :+1: Never seen Edinburgh look so quiet.

1 Like

It was 21:30 Park closes at 21:00 sun had or was about to set.seagulls where a nightmare hence no video

1 Like

Nice set of photos even if you arse cheeks were twitching with the seagulls :+1:

1 Like

Not bad photos for a low light and small sensor.hate fly rats

Nice photos, I am currently in Edinburgh.
We’re seagulls going after your drone ?
I have not had any issues with them while filming around Edinburgh

In the gardens they are

Seagulls appear to be worse this year, at least here in Gourock.

Tried to fly at a local favourite spot on the shores of the Clyde and couldn’t get any video footage as the drone (Pro2) was being mobbed. I had to land it and then I was attacked by swooping gulls.

Two days later at a different location it was a similar story.

1 Like

i have noticed they are really bad this year, i did think it was just me glad to know its not cheers

it was getting that bad the drone was like a yo yo, send it up quick photo then back down again and when i say up 20 feet or so .

Same thing happened to me. We were filming a wedding at Brisbane House Hotel in Largs a couple of weeks ago, which is right on the seafront. Had to land the Mini 3 after a few minutes as the seagulls went crazy. There were none one minute then one appeared and starting making a racket then about 20 of his mates turned up, some even swooping down on us.

This is the groom getting out of a car as the first gull appeared.

4 Likes

flying rat. there numbers need reduced

Stay away from the gardens lol

Humans are the problem, their numbers need reducing imo :rofl:

As an aside, Edinburgh is a no go drone zone for the next few weeks, military tattoo stuff, lasers, fireworks, flybys etc

Active: Thursday, August 4, 2022 5:00:00 PM until Saturday, August 27, 2022 10:30:00 PM (UTC).

Great shots @jaybee! Fellow Edinburgh resident (and new Mini 3 Pro owner, upgrading from Mavic Air) here and been reading about the Ed council grumblings about drones.

Mind if I ask - did you just take off from the princes st garden grounds or find another spot? I’d quite like to take some shots/video from West End of Princes St gardens and also up at Calton Hill. Any issues you’ve experienced here? Appreciate any/all advice you can share!

Will also watch out for the gulls! Haha

1 Like

Hi i have had no problem flying at calton hill i found it best to go early morning no one around

1 Like

Which agencies are responsible for granting permissions?

The Edinburgh council has a number of departments that manage separate areas for granting drone permission. These depend on where you wish to take off and fly your drone. See our list below.
Flying Over Edinburgh’s Roads

Requests to fly from any part of the roads network of the City of Edinburgh should be made via “ROAD OCCUPATION PERMITS” You can also contact them at roads@edinburgh.gov.uk.

Apply for a Road Occupation Permit Application
Flying Over Trams And Railways

Trams / Rail – Requests to fly from or near any part of the tram network should be made through the “AUTHORITY TO WORK PERMIT” outlined in the Code of Practice. You can also contact them at parks@edinburgh.gov.uk.

Apply for a Trams and Railways Permit
Flying in Edinburgh’s Parks and Green Spaces

If you are planning on flying a drone in any park or green space managed by the City of Edinburgh Council you will need to apply for permission from the Parks and Greenspace Department. You can also contact them at parks@edinburgh.gov.uk.

Apply for a Parks and Green Spaces Permit
Council Owned Land

You can apply for permission by contacting publicsafety@edinburgh.gov.uk.

1 Like

Remember the tattoo is on just now at the castle so if you ask the council thete is a good chance they will say no.

1 Like

I AGREE with colin