Re-Arming iNav 6 in flight

After the shitty thing that happened to @DeanoG60 , it reminded me how scared I am of having a similar incident. Dug up this video from painless, and will be applying it myself to both my wings (whether I’ll test it or not… I dunno yet!), seems reasonable. Not going to put iNav 7 on these two, will do for the next one, so if anyone has worked iNav 7 out or knows, add that below too.

(Sorry @DeanoG60 didn’t mean to bring it back up, but could help us all in the future!)

1 Like

Can you test it in a controlled environment or by some other means, to minimise the risk of loss?

Well in theory you should be able to glide disarmed, and I had to when someone took the prop off my wing in flight!) and I think I also blew a motor/ESC once too!

The other major issue is the VTX going to low power mode when disarmed, so if too far away dropping from 1W to 25mw could mean you lose picture anyways, maybe time to disable the low power setting too.

I will test it out when I have a good chance to do so and my laptop with me!

1 Like

Only if you switch to manual mode…

Having an active spotter would help :rofl: :man_facepalming:t2:

Angle or horizon fine.ibelive too

you don’t have full throws on the control surfaces so minimal movement in the craft. believe me I know full well you barely have any control in angle…

We had a load of em :wink:

Yeah I know angle feels very poor compared to manual, I was landing with it that day due to the winds. Don’t have horizon setup on a switch on mine, just angle, acro and manual!

No I’m talking about a disarmed model!

Is it even worse? Damnit! Well hopefully we can setup re-arm and hopefully this kind of event won’t happen to any of us!

Yes it’s even worse, test it on the bench. Power up your wing but don’t arm it obviously and move your sticks in angle mode and see how much your control surfaces move, then flip it into manual mode and see how much they move :+1:t2:

1 Like

So that depends on how your PID is tuned. The more P then the more the surfaces will try to move. Remember the I and D terms will have odd effects as you aren’t actually moving the plane at all when you test it like that on the bench.