Recommendation for cheap HD camera?

Got one. In the gifts and gadgets" section.

1 Like

Oh go on film you running down the street would ya?! haha! Before I waste £12.

My work mate send me a photo last week. it’s diddy I think

Minute… and very light

And doesn’t work…
Fully charged… lights came on and when button clicked and went off again. Which according to manual was due to battery being empty… charged again… same issue.

When acting as a webcam I got about 1 frame every 5 seconds…

So I did a search…

I’m going to go back and try and get my money back tomorrow.

I’m sure you could with a bit of care, I’ve made many a battery device externally powered :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah. I’d probably blow the thing up :joy:

I’ll either wait for a mod or buy a peanut too.

1 Like

What’s the difference between the runcam orange 5 and the runcam 2 linked above in results? Both seem ok ish price… Hmmm

So my Caddx Peanut arrived today. Ordered yesterday from UnmannedTechShop.
I can’t have it until Christmas though. But got it working and did a very short (and boring) test video.

Note that I had to charge it up a bit before it would link with my phone.

1 Like

There were no issues getting money back on the crap Intempo camera…

2 Likes

Some major differences are the R5 has more resolution options than the R2, the R5 also uses a better Sony sensor. I use my R5 in 1440p 4:3 resolution then linear stretch in post to give a 16:9 superview. The R5 also has electronic stabilisation, great for smoothing out cruising videos but not so good with fast freestyle where it introduces unwanted jerkiness.

The R5 also has more setting options which are setup using a QR-Code generator, the R2 uses a WiFi connection for setup.

The R5 has a non-removable battery where as the R2 uses a removable battery.

Great to know. Seemed like same sensor res from a quick kind of over view looking

Hah be a while till I fast freestyle, but get your point on the EIS, probably quite important on FPV footage!!

The battery removal and then powering from the quad would be good.

Thanks again for the info @Nidge very helpful!

I’m undecided whether to get a cam or 3d printer next… Also the Caddx Peanut does look temping, but £100 more… Ergh.

The R5 then sounds better for FPV stuff.

They are nice, but best mounted in a 3d printed tpu case to avoid damage. So 3d printer first? :laughing:

I dunno I dunno… I wanna film what I’m flying… But yeah need to mount the cam. Though I’m totally undecided what 3d printer (but that’s for another topic!)

Oh here we go :slight_smile:

Now just need a printer!

I’ll print one for you :+1:

1 Like

Wow very kind of you! Better buy the cam though, lol!

HobbyRC have em in stock anyone got a 5% off voucher will get the cam ordered. Have a code, but at home, and wanna get ordered might get here for weekend, lol

DA29PT3ZT

2 Likes

Please put all new codes here :+1:
https://greyarro.ws/t/hobbyrc-discount-code/16655?u=notveryprettyboy

2 Likes

Cheers Karl. All ordered (couple of different batteries too!)

Boom!