Recommendation for cheap HD camera?

interesting :thinking:

GoPro Hero 7 or above is what you want… 5" up only really, at that weight though.

:pray: sooner the better :smiley:

£135 :smiley:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266080092093?epid=17024153156&hash=item3df39bffbd%3Ag%3AZmkAAOSw2ZxjvqI8&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoK7EroEg2uKLpDyiJei3inHfzzIre%2BZA9m0YhQ71cZrMEUfCMLzUUS3FhHarRvQ%2FS7GcJV1j8%2FJeappOLgEIvGuyrvZ8tHKsGQIBG7HhT9YaTe24fTnhP90gamDkjsIfMMUDcPIhcv3uaEuPzCfgADUWNCnnrIa%2FsTHpBaEHFxKf%2BRu9BGfAIs33WAZCQVE4aqpkSpGC0Vl%2By6Vl1IKPU1w%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9Srkau-YQ&LH_BIN=1

1 Like

Did anyone here try to the Runcam thumb Pro? I know a few of us got the small one, dunno if anyone tried the pro. I do like the RC Orange, but assume the pro is similar quality and lighter (no battery for one!)

I’ve got the PRO on my Binary plane,
I’ll send you a link to the footage :+1:

Thumb PRO

Thumb (for comparison

This is super interesting… and I would highly recommend this. If you can get a GoPro replacement sub on a 2nd hand model then for me it’s a no-brainer. I’ve obliterated two Hero 7s now and both have been replaced without question (the last time was they sent me a 9 Black as they had no 7s left! :man_dancing:)

Cheers, downloading one now :slight_smile: Doubt I’ll go this route, but be nice to compare to the Orange

From memory the 7 white has the older version of hyper smooth, which is not a patch on the upgraded version that comes on the 7 Black (and onwards)

Yeah, mine is a the Hero 7 Black.

My other one is a Hero 5 Session… though I think the gyro is buggered in that. Even with GyroFlow I can’t get it stable. Still it’s a resilient little beast with fairly decent video, not a patch on the Hero 7 Black however.

Hi Richard @Yith
Quick question please… What is the minimum distance (camera to subject) for a good focus?

At work we need to record instrument panel images but are limited with how far we can get the camera away from the screen.

I’ve tried the Peanut, I get a good image that just fits the screen, but it is not practical for long periods without any propellor draught to keep it cool :smiley: