Recommended/Must Have Accessories for Mini 2

Plenty of clones on fleabay and Amazon but you can’t buy them direct from DJI. I’m sure if you just emailed them they’d send one out anyway so more fool anyone who pays for one as they have a legal obligation to supply spare parts.

Anyway. Back to essential accessories. :wink:

Gimbal protector :wink:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hey Ade, that looks pretty neat. Am I right in thinking the Mini 2 fits in one side and the controller in the other side?

2 cases Andrew

1 Like

I have prop guards they make the mini more susceptible to wind effects and you can’t fly further than 30 odd metres from take off!

2 separate cases Ash. I’ve uploaded a short video below. Yes they are not ‘rock solid’ but your paying £11 for the pair!! (Some want to charge that for a plastic gimbal protector on Amazon :joy:) I’ve put the gimbal protector on in the video to stop people having a heart attack and black electrical tape is hiding my operator ID and phone number. :roll_eyes:

It does fit in with the prop strap on but it’s a bit tighter.

2 Likes

In addition I would suggest longer sticks and perhaps dayglow skin.
I find a battery puller very useful as they can be fiddly to remove from drone. Available on the bay of e or 3d print see thingiverse.com.

1 Like

All good stuff, thanks folks. My birthday coming up shortly so the wife has been getting sent loads of links and dropped hints :rofl:

1 Like

I bought motor covers, did not take too long before i took them back off. Kept getting warnings about motors not working properly. High up in the air i saw the drone was just sitting there spinning, took a while to bring it down. Dji mini2

I purchased a bright orange sticker set off Amazon for £12 for the mini2 just to help see it better, which it has. Little fiddly to put on, but worth it, it now pops out on a Grey sky, only did the sides and underneath as didn’t see the point of top sticker. The the set I got was called Wrapgrade.

Especially with a Pad rather than a phone.

1 Like

Top sticker is for finding it when it comes down in long grass :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for this. Wasn’t that interested in wraps before but as the nights draw in and the days get greyer I can see the benefit of having a bright red underbelly on the drone :+1:t2:

1 Like

This is one of the best accessories I have bought for my mini 2. It’s a fantastic hard case with a lot of room for all your other kit. The lid has loads of storage pockets! Great for quick deployment and I use the case itself for take off and landing. Btw the wrap is not essential but will kill a couple of hours or so when bored!

3 Likes

Can I ask where did you get the case , cheers :+1:

1 Like

There’s a couple cases like that one on Amazon around £32-£40, I like the idea of not having to fold the props and motors in if you moving around a lot while filming.:sunglasses:

1 Like

Chris, any reason why you’re not using the 3 way charger DJI?

1 Like

Not really, Chris. With money being tight when i decided to jump into the mini 2 scene, I have built my kit up bit by bit. I bought that charger quite early on with the view to upgrading to the proper DJI one in time but never got round to it. It seems to be a cracking little charger and does everything I need it too but have read on a recent thread about 3rd party kit not being good for the mini 2 batts. Never had a problem so far but possibly still worth considering though. What’s your thoughts on 3rd party kit namely charging hubs?

1 Like

As @Donb1 mentioned, I purchased on Amazon. Didn’t expect too much but it’s far better than I could have hoped for. Here’s the link.

2 Likes