Remote with a screen for DJI Air 2

I’m getting pissed off with my phone not sitting centrally when using it with my controller. It either constantly pushes the volume down or it’s hanging off the edge precariously. If I turn it over / round it constantly pushes on the Siri button.

Previously I have used a iPad Mini 2 but for whatever reason the imagery coming back is jittery and sometimes does not even record to the iPad. It used to but god knows why it’s now not doing?

I can’t seem to find a solution to this so am thinking about getting one of the remotes with a screen. Does anyone know if they will work with an Air2 and if anyone is selling one or knows anywhere that is selling them?

Cheers guys

1 Like

This one

WOW! was not expecting that much £££
It doesn’t look like what I’ve seen either.

Screenshot 2023-07-22 at 17.36.56

As @Sparkyws has shown that one is not compatible, you need an RM 500, keep a look out, you may find one a tad cheaper :+1:t2:

@Kirky
Thanks Richard, So it seems that the Air 2 cannot be used with the remote i want, but will operate with the one you sent me a link to with the external aerials.

Hmm, maybe have to find other solutions. Ideas?

Haven’t a clue buddy, sorry.

@Kirky @Sparkyws
Might have found a solution after all.
I have the longer version for use with an iPad mini, but didn’t know i could get a shorter one for a phone. Any way for less than 4 quid it’s worth a punt,

Could this be feasible. There is are a few members with 3D printers.

I used to use a Mini4 but found that it was struggling to keep up with later versions of the Fly app ( as was my iPhone 6 ), so a Mini2 really has no chance - I upgraded to a Mini5 and it works perfectly ( as does my iPhone Xs )

I have the same problem if I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in the phone holder of the controller. I can’t mount it centrally without buttons getting pressed so it has to be precariously well off centre. I was lucky enough to get a second user TriplTek tablet in our sales and wants category and it is excellent with an adapter and a clear 7 inch 1200nit screen for sunlit viewing. It takes a sim so I get mobile data, can use it as a phone and it is loud enough tolisten to Litchi’s voice prompts for height and distance while eyeballing the aircraft. It’s also ruggedised and relatively moisture and dustproof.

1 Like

@SeaHunter Dave,

Thank you for that. I’ll see what the one’s like that comes back from eBay and if no good i might try your suggestion of asking on here.

Hi bud, I had similar issue, all solved with ipad mini 5. Thats only cheap choice. i got. 2nd hand off ebay no probs, otherwise your stuffed. The Pro controller as you say will work but boy thats expensive. Just get mini 5, it will sort your problem

DJIFLY becomes a resource hog with every new version, your Mini 2 is probably not beefy enough to handle it.

Have you tried Litchi?

Hi , I use a iPad mini 5 and also a Huawei m5 lite 8 inch tablet , both work really well , the battery on the m5 lite lasts longer but either can be bought quite cheaply now , Try CEX as most things there come with a long warranty even though they are used .

@milkmanchris
No i’ve not. I heard the word many times but have not even been to the website to see what it is or what it can do. I’m always reluctant to try stuff other than the recommended, as when it goes Pete Tong I will end up just buying another new thing to replace it.

Check it out, it’s not bloatware and works very well.

I’ve used it with all my drones, and on my trusty original Mavic Pro it’s all I use

@milkmanchris Thanks Chris

So, if i’ve got this right, I could try and put Litchi on my ipad2 as it requires fewer recourses?

Should i remove DJI Fly app

Will I get conflicts between Litchi and DJI Fly if I decide to stay with DJI, meaning will I have to change or alter any settings on the actual drone?

That’s correct

No setting changes needed, both Fly and Litchi get their settings from the drone. Both can coexist together no issues

Do some searching maybe start with this thread

@milkmanchris Cheers Chris

Just tried that link you suggested and read the first 100 posts and none of the two questions in its title came close to being addressed or answered. No problem though, I will wait and look over someone’s shoulder when using on one of the meets.