Removed a TBS Cross Fire unit

Iv just removed the above from a quad Iv brought looking at the pics and the little I know should I not have a ground cable in there ???..

Im having a problem linking my controller to the FC could this be the reason why ???

Iv gone through the diagram for it but not understanding this part …( If using DJI remote control, turn on UART4 RX and turn off [‘ART? RX, Set the receiver protocol to SBUS )

Read more: https://manuals.plus/flywoo/vista-hd-firefly-baby-quad-micro-drone-manual#ixzz7gSnLezQG

Its possible that its just another ground connection. Do you get continuity from both those grounds to ground?

If so then its just optional and really needs nothing connected. As long as there is at least one ground connected then you will be fine.

1 Like

Ooow ok thanks Richard but my bad as the board on the left is a naked Vista connecting to my FC…

Was thinking it might be the ground for RX or TX ???

Sorry pic doesn’t indicate what it is :man_facepalming:t3:

Ground is ground. Its the same everywhere…

At least thats the theory in an electronic circuit.

As soon as you have multiple circuits you can start to have multiple grounds… but don’t worry about that for simple stuff.

1 Like

Dont really understand whats going on in this diagram as its not the normal way to wire a vista, why is only one ground when Im sure there should be 2 :thinking:

Looking at the diagram it all seems to be right apart from SBUS which seems to go to RX4 …

One ground is fine.

Sbus to rx4 is also fine. I assume its an F7 FC? The inversion can be done in the microcontroller if so. No need for an external inverter and an external sbus pad.

it is a F745 13A STACK losts of power capable of carrying a gopro and only weighs 59g :+1:t3:

Once I get it off the ground :rofl:

Dont think it would do any harm running a 2nd ground from the vista to board :thinking:

1 Like

Then do it. If it adds in redundancy, then it is a good thing to do. It might not need to be done, but it shouldn’t cause any problems either.

Yah soldered in another ground and still nothing, controller connects to FC but get nothing in receiver tab :man_facepalming:t3:

Im sure this must be a case of changing some kind of setting :man_shrugging:t3:

What do you mean here Nick? How do you know the controller is connecting with the fc if there is no movement in the receiver tab?

Have you selected serial rx in the ports tab for the uart you have connected the vista to?

I hear you here Steve now iv gave some more thought, the green light on my Dji controller only means its connected to the vista. therefore Im not 100% now its connected to the FC.

I might reflash the FC and see if that makes a difference, dont think it will do it any harm, just updating the FC…

Thinking about I might take a copy of the Firmware before flashing just to be on the safe side :+1:t3:

Just need to google what the prompt is in the cli

Hold fire Nick

Have you selected serial rx on uart 4 in the ports tab?

So you have uart 1 selected for serial rx

You want msp on uart 3 and serial rx on uart 4

Then in the receiver tab you want to select serial for receiver mode and Sbus for receiver type

All sorted thanks Steve, the problem was what you said above, my fault as I had visual on Uart 4 hence couldnt workout why I couldnt get controls side working :man_facepalming:t3:

Everyday is a school day :rofl: thanks again buddy Ill be taking this little badboy on holiday next week :+1:t3: