Repair project maybe

So what’s you all’s opinion on trying to repair this. Bought off gumtree for £25 but missing the RC, battery’s and the control module (but ESC/power board inside still) apparently hit a wall in sports mode. Worth repairing ??

New parts I’d need to buy are

• Gimbal
  • GPS
  • RF board/ brains of drone +heat sink
  • New front left and rear left arms(and maybe motors. Plus mounting parts for rotation.
  • RC and battery or 3 depending on price

Optional new buy

• Housing as name of owner is on the inside
  • blades (they look ok but haven’t checked it out any further)

Any advice or should I of just Binned the £25 quid lol

1 Like

Tobys got the better deal me thinks ;o)

4 Likes

that bad ehhh

Learned my lesson with a supposed cheap buy/repair Hubsan 501, it’s still in parts in a box as totally fried.

well this is missing a large percentage of parts (the brain of the drone for starts) but at the moment my estimated pricing is around the £260 mark most of that being the gimbal and brain but if i see any more crashed aircraft that are cheap ill snag them up.

New parts list… = new drone :man_shrugging: I’d bin the blades to be safe, if its hit that hard why take the chance. Did it hit the wall of a high-rise then fall, then get run over? Keyboard hoover might have been a better investment :wink:

6 Likes

point taken and yea keyboard was cleaned about 30 seconds after the photo lol :smirk:

no apparently it was running tweaked firmware and hit the wall full speed (but my Spidey senses are saying there’s more than that as to what happened.)

I sold my Mavic Mini flymore combo with just 30mins of flight time, for only £250 quid:

Save your money for something else mate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just thinking that Rich actually found most parts on eBay but the parts are £167.69 + postage £16.01 + import £46.12 to totalling £229.82. I may keep it just in case there are some wrecked drones on Facebook or other sites with parts I can nab in them as long as its kept under £200 id be happy (plus its a good way to learn some level of drone repair.

In all fairness when I collected it I was expecting it to be a demo model from a show floor with nothing inside.

Well, looking at the pic you posted, your not far off with your expectations :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’d only consider it if it was a labour of love. But as a DJI Mini is not a classic car or similar I’d say no. Just buy a used DJI Mini, plenty about, and consider the bundle of parts as crash insurance.

1 Like

I bought a dummy Spark for £5 but it had more in it than what you received. Four fully functioning motors with ESC’s, four unused props, and a complete bodyshell.

tenor-23

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

There is a 501S on Ebay for spares.

I might take a look see if anything useful, Ta

UPDATE

So a old work colleague just offered me a gps and the whole front end of his mini that had a battery failure in. So assuming they work that’s the bulk of the cost gone. What did I pay you ask? A old 4GB GTX760 GPU. I have no need for it and if it’s one step closer to a working drone then profit in my eyes. When it arrived photos will follow.

2 Likes

Are you planning on keeping it or selling the Frankenstein drone on to some unsuspecting victim :face_with_monocle: I’m interested to see it coming back from the dead :+1:t2:

Oh keep it for sure. If I buy it broken I’ll probably keep it. Plus if not sure on liability if I repair it and it goes haywire and injures someone because of my oversight. But will be doing regular updates on here when and if things arrive. :smiley:

2 Likes

giphy-32

3 Likes