Replacing a Bottom Frame THFS2

So i had a bit of a bump with a goalpost earlier today and cracked the lower frame on my THFS2. I’m ordering spares and want to get it fixed for the weekend.

Other than cable ties and the frame is there anything else that I’ll need that I have missed?

1 Like

Nope, I’ve replaced my bottom plate on my tinyhawk. Maybe some heat shrink for the the RX antenna and the VTX antenna. But nah just zip ties will do, or if you wanted to reduce weight use electrical tape instead :+1:t2:

:point_up:t2: Example of the heat shrink and VTX antenna heat shrunk to a zip tie

2 Likes

Thanks @DeanoG60 its still able to fly but has a crack and is weak so I don’t want to push it.

Just trying to find one now before the weekend! Doesn’t seem to be any in stock anywhere

Yeah, I’ve just had a look for you in all my usual places and they are all out of stock :man_facepalming:t2:

Nightmare

1 Like

I had the same problem and ended up paying over the odds on ebay…

There’s none there either sadly.

Ive already upgraded the TVs antenna last week and tiewrapped it to the battery strap - works perfectly .

You can just make out the crack on the picture below

1 Like

Almost cracked in the same place as mine did lol

I’ve just joined the wait list on Unmannedtech for one, I have a spare one so I’ll bring it with me on Saturday :+1:t2:

I’ll charge cost price + what ever Unmannedtech charge for postage (I can’t remeber) then I’ll just order up a new spare when they are back in stock :+1:t2: saves you waiting and gets you back flying :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Mate - that would be awesome. I’d actually ordered a frame for the tinyhawk 2 racer in error earlier so have also got a wait on the frames too.

I’ll bring some cash with me and will be forever in your debt - thanks so much

2 Likes

I’ll have my field tool kit with me as well so can fix it up and get you flying again on site :ok_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks again @DeanoG60. I’ve got a selection of bits but I’ve no doubt you’ll be better equipped than i am for fixing it

2 Likes

Hope that bottom plate sorts out your Tinyhawk :ok_hand:t2:

I’ve just started the 3D printer going to print a bottom plate, it’s only an hour n half print :ok_hand:t2:

Should do mate and thanks again for your help and for selling me your last part.

I’m going to replace that in the next day or so then start on the crossfire upgrades.

Going to watch the Videos over and over until I’m ready.

The sleds look so much smaller in real life too!

1 Like

No worries mate, glad I could help :+1:t2:

The prints just finished :ok_hand:t2:

That looks pretty good. How solid is it?

Dunno yet, gotta wait for the print bed to cool down before removing it. :+1:t2:

You’ll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on 3D printing. I have no idea :man_shrugging:

1 Like

That was going to be my question too.

What type of material did you use @DeanoG60 ?

And how do you test its strength? :thinking:

Its PLA with a 100% infill. To be honest it’s only an hour n half to print so if it breaks can just print another one. But the Tinyhawk is that light weight, unless you stack it into a goal post at full throttle I can’t see it breaking to be honest. Although this is coming from someone who’s already broke a carbon fiber bottom plate so who knows :man_shrugging:t2: :rofl:

2 Likes