Return to home failure

I bought a mini 2 but the return to home didn’t work this evening it went to critical battery alarm any ideas people?

At take off did you wait to hear the little voice telling you your home point has been updated please check it on the map ? If you did then check your settings for where the return to home kicks in .

1 Like

I was using air 2 remote I pushed return to home with no joy

Perhaps not paired correctly, hopefully someone who uses the air 2 remote with a mini 2 will be better placed to answer , did it tell you at take off the home point has been updated ? And in the settings what % is it set to for the home point to kick in ? If both of these are ok it must be a pairing problem

Yes mate I was hoping to get away with one remote probably just an easy fix

1 Like

I got it straight out of box after charging I paired the remote probably my fault some how first time I had a critically low battery put a downer on it my air 2 is still weapon of choice

Check you have RTH set to RTH and not hover or land. It will also not RTH if less than 20mtr away horizontally from the home point.

4 Likes

You can hot swap just make sure you have updated the home point. When I hot swap I always do a compass calibration and wait for the “home point has been updated”. Before I fly off. If you are a bit unsure then slowly rise straight up to about 7m then hover for a second or 2 let the drone work out where it is. Also as @Crackerjack says, check you have to return to your home point.

Nothing wrong with using one remote for both drones.

2 Likes

Don’t know why but just wouldn’t return to home at the end it was at critical battery at 8 %before I took control and landed it I even hit return to home on remote to none avail got me baffled

How far away was it?

As @Crackerjack mentioned, it won’t RTH within 20m of homepoint.

Any Airdata logs for us to have a look at?

1 Like

Be nice

Were you trying to draw a cock? :thinking:

6 Likes

If so - time to see the Doc! :stuck_out_tongue: … the cock doc! :wink:

2 Likes

Home point is wrong lol must try harder with the cock think I should start small with a pair of tits

2 Likes

Trying my figure of eight but now I Chuck out a challenge to beat my cock lmao

4 Likes

One thing that is strange … and nothing to do specifically with the outcome … when the Home Point was set (quite accurately, as soon is it had a fix) I see:

Homepoint updated. RTH altitude adjusted to 328 ft

That’s a seriously high RTH height if you want it to RTH with critical battery!! It might use up most of what’s left of the battery achieving that height.

3 Likes

Got it straight out of box haven’t touched any settings

1 Like

I was just about to say that

you only need to be above anything that is around you.

2 Likes