River Coupall and Buachaille Etive Mor - Added to Iconic Landscapes and Ancient Sites in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission not required.

Buachaille Etive Mor and the waterfall on River Coupall, a classic landscape photograph…

Just off the main A82 route into Glencoe, a short way along the Glen Etive road is a parking spot next to a bridge a short walk from there are the River Coupall falls, with the monumental Buachaille Etive Mor mountain in the background. A spot beloved of photogaphers who will spend hours attempting to capture that one perfect photograph, thankfully the morning we arrived we had the place to ourselves, allowing a drone flight to try and captue the atmosphere of the place…

We were fortunate to have stunning weather on our way north through the area on our way for a week in Drumnadrochit - not that there is anything such as 'bad' weather, just incorect clothing - which made capturing the footage relatively simple - and thankfully the wind was far less than it had been a few minutes earlier on the very exposed Rannoch Moor for the previous drone flight of the day…

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 22/04/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

4 Likes

Hi Suzanne, the waterfalls at the start of your video is actually on the River Coupall, it runs into the River Etive on the other side of the road, behind the bridge. You did well to get it to yourself, there is normally photographers everywhere, hence the very wide eroded path.

Thanks, I shall edit my notes…

We left Manchester at 345am to travel up, stopped at Firkin point, Falls of Falloch and Rannoch Moor for quick flights before here, so arrived there for about 830am, on a stunning day, couldnt believe it was empty tbh, but as we left a tog arrived :slight_smile:

1 Like