River Hamble - Added to Coastal Scenery in South East

It’s not my local area and I am now confined temporarily to places within walking distance from home.

The Drone Scene map is very useful with all the sites shown flown and recommended by people on here. My main area is Hayling Island (which is why there are several markers on Drone Scene in a small area.

I have simplified the map slightly by turning off DJI restriction zones, NOTAMS (the only act8ve ones were for the Battle of Britain flight on Saturday 23rd), Foreshore access - virtually all foreshore is open and National Trust - very little property within the map area.

Click on the full screen icon on the map (that sits on the A27 / A3 junction in the picture below ) and you will see more.

2 Likes

Cheers mate

Just a brief update on the “free” car park situation. It’s now £1.10 per hour but free after 6pm.

Visited here today for my first recording flight - it’s a nice spot due to close proximity to parking, a pub for coffee, and crown land to TOAL plus plenty of interesting things to film. Just have to be mindful of dog walkers occasionally going past, and I avoided overflying the marina as much as possible. Also worth knowing what the height of the tallest mast is as judging clearance can be difficult at the edge of VLOS.

Thanks for the recommendation!

If you click on the green button on the location-details page @Camera-On you can start to build up a map of places you’ve flown :slight_smile:

Oh nice thank you!

Also - how do I embed a Kuula pano? Or alternatively is there another way to embed a 360 image?

I’ve flown here too @macspite :grin:

:thinking:

And coffee shops for beer?

:rofl:

I know! I keep getting notifications that you are mentioning me in your video post and on Drone Scene! :slight_smile:

It’s good to know that some of my recommendations are being taken up. I’m a little bit confined to barracks at the moment but I should get the OK from the DVLA and the quacks to start driving again in the spring. Will do a little bit of exploring then.

I have always found that standing upright and smiling at dog walkers, perhaps even saying “good morning” or whatever works a treat.If you look as if you are confident to be where you are then it looks like you probably are :slight_smile:

The only way of sorting out mast height I have found is to point the camera vertically down and lower the drone over the tallest until I chicken out - that is then the minimum height for flying over boats …

1 Like

If you are so inclined I suppose

The Bugle is an excellent pub. … that does do excellent coffee. :+1:

I’ve just added a new Take Off And Landing marker to this location @macspite :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve just added a new Parking marker to this location @macspite :slightly_smiling_face:

I have just requested Drone Scene :coffee: :teapot: markers for the next update … :slight_smile:

And :beer: ?