River Tone, Somerset. Mini 2

Thought I pop the little mini 2 in the air on my walks today.

4 shot HDR’s

3 shot manual pano

7 Likes

Nice shots Steve.

It’s not a bad little beast is it? I put mine up this morning again and tried a little video and a few shots. Doesn’t quite compare with the M2P (as you would expect) but the results are way better than the original Mini and will definitely do as a backup (or to fly where the M2P can’t).

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Yeah it is a little beast. Quite impressed with these.
It pays to take a few shots of the same spot and merge in LR.

1 Like

Great shots Steve :+1:t2: how are you finding the Mini 2 so far? Quality? Wind handling? Etc

2 Likes

Thanks Steve. It’s fantastic for just throwing in your pocket and in the air, quality of photos… Great for whats taking them, not a patch on the 2 pro but then their a different league. Not to much wind today, enough though you can see it twitching and handled it perfectly. :+1: overall I’m impressed. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Great photos Steve, love that pano :+1:
I’d agree, it is a little beast. I’ve been really impressed with the video quality, the photo quality is not too bad either.

My thoughts exactly, particularly where I can’t fly my M2P.

2 Likes

I noticed that this morning, it was twitching away yet I had a rock solid image on my phone :+1:

2 Likes

Cheers Steve food for thought :thinking:

2 Likes

The handling seems very good and it can handle a bit of wind. Photo quality is not bad, especially RAW, but from what I have seen so far of the video looks to be very good in both 1080p and 4K.

2 Likes

Thanks John :ok_hand:

1 Like

Ah I didn’t realise you had got the Mini 2 John. It looks like you’re all finding it pretty good so far :+1:t2: I’m trying to work out if its worth me biting the bullet and getting one too? I’m just not sure yet :thinking:

3 Likes

So would you say that the video quality is better than the photo quality Steve?

3 Likes

Yep Steve, first flight was yesterday morning - Blantyreferme Anti Aircraft Battery - Videos by Drone - Grey Arrows Drone Club UK
Pretty impressed with the Mini 2 so far. I will still be mainly using my M2P for photos, but where I can’t fly it, I’ll use the Mini 2. The Mini 2 is great fun to fly too, definitely worth getting one :+1:

2 Likes

From first impressions, yes, but I have only put it in the air twice so far and not had a chance to fully process it all. There are guys on here that would be able to answer that question for sure, having had the Mini 2 a lot longer.

2 Likes

Steve, I think that you have to ask yourself what you want it for. It does produce far better images and video than its predecessor, but probably wont match your MA2. The main reason I have one is that it allows me to fly it in places that I would be unable to with the M2P and still get very acceptable results.

2 Likes

Thats good to hear John, I’m gonna take a look at your video now :+1:t2: I’m still weighing up if I will get the use out of the mini 2 for the money. I mainly fly in the countryside so far :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks Steve, that’s exactly what I’m trying to weigh up at the moment. I’ll have a good think about it cheers :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Great pictures and colourful tempting me to get a mini 2

2 Likes

Thank you David. :blush: