RTF Competition 12th to 25th November - Different Perspectives - Winners announced

The people have spoken! Whether they have spoken wisely remains to be seen :slight_smile:

The subject chosen for this round of the RTF Competition is Different Perspectives

The rules remain much the same but they work far better if you take a look at them. They are reproduced here for your reading pleasure:

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit a still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. This round will run from 00:01 Sunday 12 to 23:00 Saturday, November 25h 2023 and the subject is Different Perspectives

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Please post only one image, the image you wish to be judged, in this thread.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

In Capitals as the first line of your post:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

If this is not done at the time of posting the picture will be ignored. Should it be absolutely necessary to change your picture then delete the previous picture and add “This is my entry” - as above - as the first line of your new post. If in any doubt contact the Challenges Committee
(@Challenges_Committee)

Further Information is required

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for one, all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

E&OE

@group-challenges

2 Likes

This is NOT my entry. Its my sad face as there is no chance of flying before Sun. Apologies for the post but hope there is someone somewhere with better luck or more powerful drone than my DJI mini SE (that would be almost every other drone).

Are we shaping up for the first RTF to have no entries? It will make our task easier as Saturday evening is going to be a busy time with the Calendar and Cover competitions as well …

@group-challenges

Sorry, but the weather, a busted back and a holiday have put paid to any plans for this one. :frowning:

Suppose I could post a different perspective of me living room.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

I’ll throw one in that I took yesterday, perspective?

Top down view of the Anderton Boat Lift
Taken 21st November 2023 @ 12.49
DJi Mini 4 Pro

3 Likes

I have a good one but it has either been too rainy or too windy to get what I want. If things don’t improve, I’ll post my wind-blurred photo on Saturday.

Very limited this past couple of weeks, but here we are.

This is my entry. Top down over wintry trees along River Stour, Christchurch. Taken 23 November at 4pm. DJI mini 3 pro.

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Winter shadows - Bourne Way, Thornton

13:15 24/11/2023, DJI Mini 2

2 Likes

NOT my entry - my second favourite from today, about 50m away from the pic above

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY.
Old derelict AQL building.
Leeds.

25/11/2023 - 09.41.
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 1/800s, -0.3ev.

Taken at ground level or at height, parked car through the window on the opposite side of the building or moving, depends on your perspective.

Here’s a link to look at the whole “picture”.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/8GGepG6YpmUNiqV79?g_st=i

5 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Ok, Im visiting family in Worcester. Calm and clear today so this is a tree on the inside of the Worcester racecourse track. Taken this morning 25th Nov 23 with my Mini SE.

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY.

Different Perspective of :-
Nene Park’s purpose-built rowing lake Peterborough
Taken 25/11/2023 with DJI Mini 3 Pro @ 09:23

3 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Time and date : 25/11/2023 13:33
Aircraft: DJI Air3

5 Likes

Taken 25th Nov 23 at 12:30hrs with mini 3 Pro
(probably the last picture I will ever take with this drone as mini 4 Pro in the post)!

The monument is a tall plain column on a broad based pedestal surmounted by a statue of the 1st Duke of Sutherland. Prominently sited on a steep hill looking purposefully down from about 80m above the Trentham Gardens Estate with the Lake in the background.

4 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Time and date : 25/11/2023 15:38
Aircraft: DJI Mini 4 Pro

Popped up through tiny gap between the railway viaduct and motorway flyover.

2 Likes

NOT my entry…

Nicer pic but I didn’t think it was as good a fit to the brief.

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Dogzilla and me, Eastoke Point Hayling Island
Mini 2
25/11/2023 11:35

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Grimsby Dock Tower. taken 1244 25th Nov 2023 DJI Mini3 Pro

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY.

DJI Mini 2. Taken this evening. Sale, Gtr Manchester. Bit blurry in low light conditions.

5 Likes