RTF Competition 15th October to 28th - Circles - Winners Announced

Looks sooo much like an eyeball that Jason. Smart picture there mate👍

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY
West mill wind farm swindon
27,10,2023 @ 11 hours ish
Mavic 3 classic
Long exposure to try create circles

Edit : went here yesterday 26 thinking I maybe able to get the image by stacking 70 images :flushed:
But that did not quite work for this shot, so back today with an ND 64 which is the strongest filter I have, could do with a stronger one !

7 Likes

Great idea :+1:

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Water treatment plant 2km North of Scarborough. Taken 16th October, DJI mini SE.

Looks like a lovely farm building from the coastal path until you fly up above it! Poop has to go somewhere.

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Date: 28/10/2023, 11:19 am
Drone: DJI Air 3
Method: here

A panoramic made from 280 DNGs and merged in Autopano Giga.

Avebury is a Neolithic henge monument containing three stone circles, around the village of Avebury in Wiltshire, in southwest England. One of the best known prehistoric sites in Britain, it contains the largest megalithic stone circle in the world.

5 Likes

This has been fun! You have shown both artistic and technical ingenuity for this subject, now you have the difficult task of choosing a winner. As always voting is open to any GADC member, you can vote for one, none, some or all of the images. But you only have until 22:00 on Monday 30th of October to do so!

@group-challenges

Superb photos! Love these.

And here we go! No tie for second place this time, third goes to Jim @Kings for an entry that brings back memories to those of us who judged this year’s Birthday Challenge! A great picture of the M1 / M62 junction early on a winter’s morning before the sun gets going:

The more astute amongst you will be wondering what happened to second place. This round we have had to ignore it because there is, again, a tie - this time for the top spot.We have two first prize winners, Jason @Acedrone with his overhead shot of Graffam Water Valve Tower:

This location can be found on Drone Scene with a Mar 2022 video by some chap called - err - Acedrone!

Joint first with a great shot of wind turbines in motion (and the first monochrome shot to win for a while) is Richard @Kirky:

While we hope you will join us in congratulating our winners please also applaud the effort and ingenuity that has gone into all the images in this round - well done to everybody!

@group-challenges

5 Likes

Well done, great shots, love the light, motion and (for some) the colours too.

I smell beer…

Well, at least someone voted for me this time :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Worthy winners though :+1::+1::+1:

Great shot Richard @Kirky a shot i would like to try myself , well done :clap:t5:

1 Like

Well done all, worthy winners :clap: :clap:

Well done everyone dodging the dodgy weather to get some great photos in. The winners :trophy: were all brill and particular congrats to Rich and Jason at the top of the shop. :clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Thankyou guys & gals who voted,
Had the best of me this one :sweat_smile:
Did originally think the same as Jim’s, then when I see Jim’s it was back to the drawing board & came up with as I did, although not as perfect as I wanted, after two days of backwards & forwards I tried my best !
Thankyou again
Well done Jason @Acedrone & Jim @Kings & all who entered :smiley::clap:t2:

3 Likes

Well done Rich @Kirky and Jason @Acedrone for joint first place, you definitely had my votes on that one, also to everyone else as there’s some very good pictures in that challenge :clap:t3:

2 Likes

Well done everyone, amazing photos :+1: congrats to the winners :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats Rich @Kirky, Jason @Acedrone and Jim @Kings :clap: :+1:

2 Likes

Some cracking shots yet again folks :clap:
I did have an entry, but I can’t find the bloody SD card!!! I think I have left it in a hotel room 120 miles away :frowning:

Congrats @Kirky @Acedrone @Kings, Richard, Jason and Jim, some cracking shots there, worthy winners.

Love them turbines Rich, there’s a 126m one not half a mile away from ours, I’m gonna give it a go with the 2S👍

1 Like

Thankyou,
Yes it was fun, although not how I planned as I wanted the perfect white disc / discs call it if you like, but over two days two trips I had to settle for what I had, that said on Saturday I ordered a ND 1000 & went back on the Sunday just to try & prove to myself it’s possible, however it started peeing down with rain & only two of the 5 turbines was spinning, however …… for the fun of it I will be going back :sweat_smile:
Hopefully this week LOL
Good luck with yours I’m sure you will prove it’s possible :smiley:

2 Likes