RTF Competition 6h February to 19th - HEAVY METAL - Winners Announced!

Like the last comp it was National Trust PROPERTIES.

But in the podium there was only one property and that came in 3rd. The top 2 where both images of National Trust Land.

Just shows the power of the vote and how the votees make their decision on what to vote for. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Although there is a strong argument that land is property …

From dictionary.com

property

[ prop-er-tee ]

See synonyms for: property / properties on Thesaurus.com

noun, plural prop·er·ties.

that which a person owns; the possession or possessions of a particular owner: They lost all their property in the fire.

goods, land, etc., considered as possessions: The corporation is a means for the common ownership of property.

a piece of land or real estate: property on Main Street.

ownership; right of possession, enjoyment, or disposal of anything, especially of something tangible: to have property in land.

something at the disposal of a person, a group of persons, or the community or public: The secret of the invention became common property.

an essential or distinctive attribute or quality of a thing: the chemical and physical properties of an element.

4 Likes

:metal:

Lol I own a paddock. My deeds are clearly marked as property.

Polymer manufacturing plant on the bank of the River Wyre, Thornton, Lancashire.

Pic taken 9/2/22 at 17:43, DJI Air 2. TOAL from Wyre Estuary Country Park carpark, previously uploaded to DroneScene Stanah - Added to Rivers and Canals in North West

Bonus bit of heavy metal in top left of pic - Blackpool Tower :wink:

10 Likes

Heavy metals a great subject , bridges, ships, sculptures, cranes, wind turbines & light houses ……light houses you ask …oh yes I have a target in mind :wink:

I think I know which one you mean…is it red ? :slight_smile:

Reason to Fly Entry Heavy Metal

Haile Sand Fort North east Lincolnshire
Fort lined with 1/2 inch steel armour plating which is rusting away

Haile Sand Fort was one of two sea forts built to defend ports along the Humber. Construction on the fort began in 1915 and it opened in early 1917. It comprised a hexagonal foundation with circular walls built on top with a diameter of 20.1 metres (66ft). The circular walls were constructed with concrete and faced with steel armour plating, which measured 0.5 inches all around. A further layer of steel plating lined the concrete shell internally. The fort was capped by its gun floor, which originally mounted two 4 inch quick-firing Mk.V weapons and a two-storey, central battery observation post. In 1940 the fort acquired two 12 pounder guns, which were replaced by two 6 pounder guns in 1941. The battery was in use throughout the war and retained for use afterwards. The army moved out in 1956 but the fort was armed up until the early 1960s. The fort was sold recently to an unknown purchaser for £117,000

Added to drone scene

8 Likes

@MartG1960 ……Noooooo…that’s to obvious …this one is white and not a lot of locals know this ……it won’t be today though it’s blowing a gale on the north east coast today :frowning:

Ah, I think I’m with you :slight_smile:

Surprised I’m the first with this - I’m sure 2586 tons is heavy enough :slight_smile:

Blackpool Tower 13:28 this afternoon ( 11/02/22 ) - DJI Air 2 - location already in DroneScene

8 Likes

While shooting the Tower, I thought I’d take a pic of this too - Blackpool North Pier

North Pier is the most northerly of the three coastal piers in Blackpool, England. Built in the 1860s, it is also the oldest and longest of the three at 500m.

Taken today 13:24 - DJI Air 2 - location already in DroneScene

7 Likes

While walking back to the car after taking the two pics above, I came across this so sent the Mini 2 up…

Construction crane working on Blackpool’s new tram interchange station. Taken 13:58 today, DJI Mini 2

5 Likes

Nice picture of the pier. We remember going to Blackpool as bairns and greeting 'cos we wanted a paddle and the tide was out! But we could play real-life Where’s Wally when Uncle Hamish got lost on the way back from the ice cream seller.

But the reason for this jaunt down Memory Lane - are you entering all three pictures for the competition, or two or one? Quantity does always correlate with winning …

All three please :slight_smile:

:+1:

As Stalin said, quantity has a quality of its own :smiley:

Trouble with multiple entries is that you are splitting your votes if you have good pictures :kissing::grinning:

Not really, as people can vote for more than one image

Ahh didn’t realise you could set multiple votes lol. I assumed it was 1 vote only :laughing: