RTF Competition 9th to 22nd January - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Forgot to add: DJI Air 2s, 13/1/2022. Ooops now that didn’t add to my entry as I thought it would… :confounded:

Have added it for you Daniel :slightly_smiling_face:

@firstadekit …I’m afraid I’m not good with computers I have no idea how to post a link on here but I did find a web site with useful information on a host of photographic subjects including windmills it lists subjects by location …very surprised there are few if any listed in Northumberland …the site is photographers-resource.co.uk

1 Like

Tysoe Windmill
Warwickshire

The mill operated until 1915 when it was struck by lightening. In 1935 the sails were replaced and further restoration was carried out in 1951. The final restoration, paid for by the Marquess of Northampton, was carried out by D. Ogden during the period of 1968–1975.

Added to DroneScene

Flew and photographed today, 14th Jan 2022, with my AIR2S

7 Likes

Mixed bag of disused and derelict mills throughout Norfolk broads, there are several that look in very good condition.

I have my eye on a beauty in Norfolk. Spent all week at work and its been sunny, today was going to be the day to shoot it and I be damned its going to be a day with low cloud!!! :slightly_frowning_face:

Yep foggy all day here for me too. I got plenty of windmills in my library as stock

Voting for the next competiton subject is HERE

2 Likes

Not an entry but finally got round to editing the video for the Llancayo windmill…. (On holiday so best not to take too much time away from everyone😋)…

6 Likes

Watching Escape to the Country this late afternoon the program visited an Eight Bladed Windmill - very interesting.

1 Like

Last year I stayed in a Windmill B&B in the center of Scarborough North Yorkshire for a couple of nights , wish I was there now ! scarborough-windmill.co.uk

1 Like

My first ever entry in the RTF comp. Nothing spectacular though :frowning:
I have some more pics and video that I need to sift through but for now

St Monans windmill, St Monans, Fife

8 Likes

Balsall Common (AKA Berkswell) Windmill
Coventry
Filmed 17 Jan. 2022 at about 12:15pm

This location is not shown in DroneScene as being in FRZ, however FLY app did show it as DJI GEO zone and warned of proximity to Birmingham airport

Added to DroneScene:

8 Likes

Is it commercial Steve? :grin:

2 Likes

HaHa :laughing: :laughing:
Not this time :kissing_heart:

1 Like

8 Likes

A City Windmill
Fulwell Windmill is located in the borough of Sunderland
Taken on 16/01/2022 Mavic Air2
Edited with Lightroom & Adobe Photoshop Express
I will attempt to add to Drone Scene
Brief History :- The windmill appeared on the Sunderland skyline in 1806 and opened in 1808, built from magnesian limestone from the adjacent quarry a typical 5 floor English tower mill but unique in that an outside gallery was built into the structure around the first 2 floors, a major change took place at the beginning of the 20th century when the sails were removed and a gas turbine was installed and the mill continued to produce animal feed for the next half a century. After closure the mill deteriorated, in 1955 the cap was repaired and 4 dummy sails were fitted, further restoration took place in the 1970’s and late 1990’s resulting in the North East’s only working windmill where visitors can view the mill operating.

9 Likes

@macspite …hmm REPURPOSED :thinking:

1 Like

Good angles, I assume the back garden is still like a fly tip site?

1 Like

???

Repurposed? Possible subject for the next comp - or are you thinking that most of these mills are repurposed. So next comp should be easy - just go out and photograph the mills again :slight_smile: