RTF Competition 9th to 22nd January - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Nice one, Jez :clap: :clap:
This was on my list also.
Wifey and I passed it a few days BEFORE the comp started :laughing:

:thinking:

:roll_eyes: Although it’s the first one of the year (that I know of). I’m usually adrift until mid-February.

I’ve just got used to 2021! :grimacing:

Pitstone Windmill - Ivinghoe

Taken: 12th January 2022
Time: 10:27:42

This was a delicate task as there were people in front and behind of the windmill. The sun was out with quite a mist which drew many folk out with cameras and mobile phones.

9 Likes

One from my Olympus, obviously not a contender in the challenge.

11 Likes

Fed up part II - all the way to Lytham again…and my FC appears to have died. Plays the first 3 notes of startup then stops, no OSD, won’t arm - and plugging into Betaflight results in a USB error on my PC as it’s trying to pull more current than the port can provide…which usefully also kills my keyboard and mouse :frowning:

Look @DeanoG60 it’s got it sails back on again
:grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

I went to scope this out before the comp began on the 7th of Jan because I was working in the area. And this was what I was confronted with…

:man_facepalming:t2:

So I wrote it off lol

Hahaha that’s me rumbled, admittedly this was taken a while ago in 2021, I’m just not getting anytime to get out much lately. I wonder when they took the panels off

ooooooooohh naughty!! Windmillgate! :rofl:

1 Like

So you’ll be withdrawing it from the competition ???

1 Like

Plan to head out very early tomorrow to a local one to me. Though its already photographed before.
Can’t phathom why they removed the vanes from Chesterton as its protected building. The owner of the land has posted a sign at bottom near road NO Drones allowed. You can fly from elsewhere away from site just back along the road. That’s where I flew from

Llancayo Windmill, Monmouthshire.
DJI Air 2s, 13/1/2022

Will add to places to visit later. Now a holiday rental property but it was empty and the owner was very friendly and gave me permission to enter the grounds. Got some nice video footage as well :-).

19 Likes

Langstone Mill
Langstone
Havant
MA2 14/01/22

Added to Drone Scene

8 Likes

OOh, are the sails back. I thought it was still sail less.

ETA: Should probably have read the rest of the thread first.

1 Like

I think it depends on when you fly there :grimacing:

1 Like

They are being repaired. They will be back.

And yes the land owner really doesn’t like drones, but there’s tons of drone pictures of it, just take off from the lay by, as you did.

Trying to find windmills in the Midlands though is hard work. Unless you want to take pictures of ones converted into accommodation and sail less. I took one previously in the daily photos thead, but it’s not a very photogenic one, not helped by the owner seemingly treating his own land like a fly tip site.

If I get chance over the weekend I think it will be a trip out to Shropshire for a derelict or one a bit further away that does have sails.

If anyone else is struggling, this may be helpful, although it also lists ones that are no longer there, so look for ones without an entry in the ‘demise’ column.

1 Like

Getting a clip of a windmill in motion would get my vote

1 Like