RTF Competition April 9th to 22nd - Lakes - Vote for the Winners

2 Likes

Here is my entry.

• Shot on Mavic mini.

• Lake Windermere.

• Taken on Sunday 9th of March
    :grinning:
    One of the first pictures I actually finished editing.
    Living in the lake district I Know what a lake actually is!! :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

Technically loch means lake in the Scottish language.

So is that a dead cert that reservoirs are out of the equation? Only asking because the previous posts are a bit murky on the subject.

Why not submit a reservoir photo? Let the voters decide if it fits the subject. If “Lake” Windermere can be submitted, nowt wrong with a reservoir :rofl:

1 Like

I think that’s the it’s going to go👍

Windermere is the biggest Lake in England. A reservoir isn’t! :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: Windermere is a mere, it’s not a lake. The only lake is Bassenthwaite Lake, the rest are tarns, meres, waters & reservoirs.

Might be worth splitting this off into “When is a lake not a lake?” :slight_smile:

Of all the “Lakes” in the Lake District only Thirlmere and Haweswater are Reservoirs. The rest are Lakes despite the fact that all but one hasn’t Lake in its title. The Geographical explanation of mere:

This isn’t an entry…so far. Even though I voted for lakes in the selection, the nearest ‘lake’ to me is a gazillion miles away. I’m surrounded by reservoirs :laughing:

Anyway, this Llyn Alaw, the biggest lake ( llyn ) on Anglesey. It is a tad confusing in the description, Google map’s has it as llyn, lake, but then Wiki has it as a reservoir, described as a shallow lake built in 1966. So…

Anyway…
Mini 3 pro
090423 15:11
Llyn Alaw, Anglesey

4 Likes

You need to go back and take that picture again @CalebCarterVideo ……9th march is a month early for this competition :rofl:

1 Like

Going to be a lake outside my house if this rain keeps up! :joy:

hahahaha

If this weather keeps up I may only be able to squeeze in a flight over Fleetwood Boating Lake - well, it has ‘Lake’ in its name :rofl:

I don’t suppose these count as lakes? :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’d say they certainly count !

Where?

The things that are reflecting sunlight off them? :man_shrugging:

Holy island near south stack.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/n5JU7LuaecJNWKL77?g_st=ic

Thx. :+1: