RTF Competition December 26th to January 8th - Monochrome Landscapes - WINNERS announced

The duty Chall Com machine operator is pleased to announce that after running since 07:30 this morning the mighty Subject Selector has come up with a verdict:

:evergreen_tree: :bell: :christmas_tree: :gift: :evergreen_tree: :bell: :christmas_tree: :gift: :evergreen_tree: :bell: :christmas_tree: :gift: :evergreen_tree: :bell: :christmas_tree: :gift: :evergreen_tree: :bell: :christmas_tree: :gift:

Welcome to the RTF competition that spans two years!

Weather permitting, from Boxing Day you can take the new shinys that Santa has brought and use them to create images to illustrate the subject of Monochrome Landscapes. And you have until well into 2022 to complete your task - entries close on January 8th.

:gift: :christmas_tree: :bell: :evergreen_tree: :gift: :christmas_tree: :bell: :evergreen_tree: :gift: :christmas_tree: :bell: :evergreen_tree: :gift: :christmas_tree: :bell: :evergreen_tree: :gift: :christmas_tree: :bell: :evergreen_tree:

RTF RULES

Scope

β€’ The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition.
β€’ The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday (Boxing Day) December 26th 2021 to 23:00 Saturday January 8th 2022 is Monochrome Landscapes
β€’ The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight - unless Rule 23 is invoked.
β€’ Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
β€’ Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and hosted on Vimeo or YouTube. Paste the url on a separate line in your post - this will allow the moderators to make a five second gif of a section of your video for entry into the poll.
β€’ Competitors may enter as many images as they wish. Each must be in a separate post. If you do enter multiple images please try to illustrate the subject by markedly different images.
β€’ Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
β—¦ Location
β—¦ Time and date
β—¦ Aircraft/camera used

Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

β€’ A valid. sensible and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place - i.e. there must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph. Please note the qualifier β€œsensible” in the previous sentence. Drone Scene entries should be of places and objects that other pilots may want to photograph, for example traffic islands or derelict barns may fall outwith that decription!

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Drone Scene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

β€’ The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
β€’ The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later.
β€’ Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 23:00
β€’ The winner will be announced once the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun!

Brought to you with :heart:, severe lack of :sleeping_bed: and lots and lots of :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
6 Likes

And, if you are reading this before 22:00 on Monday 27th of December, there is time to vote for winners of the 400 feet directly below competition

3 Likes

β—¦ Location: Scratchbury Camp, near Warminster
β—¦ Time and date: 28/12/2021 at 4pm
β—¦ Aircraft/camera used: Mavic 2 Pro
β—¦ Drone Scene Link: here

10 Likes

With regret the Challenge Committee has decided to invoke rule 23

Due to the weather automatically producing near monochrome landscapes of low contrast and dubious quality (in this part of our septic isle at least) and, due to the forecast producing little change in the current weather status, Rule 23 is now in play.

Pictures obviously taken be drones from height will be awarded TWO additional votes. Photos made be produced by the use of aerial or terrestrial devices.

Although the point of the competition is to give you a reason to fly sometimes the weather just does not allow this. Rule 23 at least allow RTF to limp along as a Reason to Plan, Reconnoitre and Take Some Sort of Picture Compettion. So dig out those old box Brownies, Exaktas, Rolleiflexes and Voightlanders and try snapping from the ground if the weather is holding you back

3 Likes

The Welsh version …

Get ya arses outside you soft, shandy drinking, sais sunday drone drivers.

1 Like

A month has passed since I last managed to get out for a flight , had planned to visit the New Year laser show this evening in Newcastle ( not for the RTF challenge ) but the wind is far too strong and wind and showers are forecast for the next few week so grounded in the North East folks

My entry from our GADC New Year’s Day Meet up at Willington Power Station Derbyshire.

Taken with my Mavic Air2 and Edited in Snapseed.

14 Likes

It’s that time again!

So much to do! Get out and photograph a mono landscape AND vote for the next RTF subject!

Will it be Windmills. Military Sites of WW2 or Indoors - the choice is yours!

Not a drone shot of a drone in flight then? Shame :rofl:

That would make a good subject suggestion though Deano :wink:

Damn… you beat me to it :laughing: :laughing:

My version of Willington in B&W

10 Likes

Here in West Norfolk we have boring landscapes.
This is a view towards Castle Acre showing the castle ruins, the village and the monastry ruins.
Taken on 1/1/22 with a DJI Mini2

Does not attaching the vista improve it ;o)

It would but it wont upload. Let me reboot pc.
Edit…A server issue?? The upload goes to 100% then an error measure comes up. Using both Chrome and Microsoft browser and still get the error.

1 Like

Braved the wind for a couple of brief flights but really struggling with the MM so may have to resort to non-drone image like this one. This is of St Peter’s Church in Haresfield, Gloucester taking this morning. I’m still keeping fingers crossed for better drone opportunities before the challenge ends.

10 Likes

What filetype are you using and what is the size of the file?

Monochrome Ridge and furrow Landscape

With a break in the weather this morning @ 09:55 (02/01/2022) I took my new DJI ARI 2s out for the first time near Market Harborough, Leicestershire.
It was quit windy but it did not bother the Air 2s I’m sure my Mini 2 would not have coped as well.
I’m very please with its performance

8 Likes

Date: 12:11pm on 01/01/2022.
Mavic 2 Pro - 1/100sec @ f7.1, 100iso.

Was out for a New Years Day drive with the wife when I spotted this ruin through the trees.
I hadn’t heard of this place before but it turns out to have quite a history. It is also the resting place of the infant son of King Robert The Bruce.

9 Likes

Jpeg and 7.7mb