RTF Competition February 12th to 25th - Lights - Winners Announced

Taken outside Barnard’s star Basingstoke on the 14th at 18:06 ( hall pass signed off ).

DJI Mini 2
4 second SS, @f2.8, ISO:100
4 photographs stacked together in LR and then cropped / straightened in PS.

I’m just in awe with how this little piece of kit takes these kind of pictures at 4 second exposure, if i was planted firmly on the ground and using a DLSR, it would just be an abstract photo at 4 seconds.

The BBC had said there was going to be a good sunset across the south east the day before, so headed out around 5pm and exhausted 2 batteries with the drone just staying the same place at around 90m, this was the one of the last sets to take.

I was specifically trying to capture the light trails but the background is nice to see too.

6 Likes

My forcast is showing rain during the day but not at night on all 3 days, calm or flyable winds, but cloudy. So could be ok.

Friday is the shit one for wind speed.

Andy @Crackerjack might be entering this one

A 5 minute stroll for me. They’ve put up a single string of lights along the stretch where the 17 displays are going to be located. We’ll have to see how photogenic the displays are. What it isn’t is a miniature Blackpool illuminations and some of the displays photos don’t seem that big.

1 Like

Not home on Saturday but Friday is looking good weather, thats when they’re having the parade and probably the best photos.

1 Like

Drizzle here at the moment, but forecast looks good for this evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers Steve👍.

I was going off the Beeb app.

Your right, for Friday day it’s piddling down till about 4 ish then sunny spells and low % chance of rain into the night, but strong winds (13mph?)

Saturday I’ve got showing as piddling allll day into the night😒, not really worth an hours drive for a crack at some footage.

I’ll enjoy watching any one else’s who’ve taken any, and catch it next year if it’s mutch cop👍

Well I guess someone had to do this as a subject :slight_smile:

DJI Air 2, 2s F2.8, 100 ISO -1.7ev, shot at 18:45 15/2/23

5 Likes

I knew that was coming, I also knew it would be you :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

Another issue apart from the weather. A NOTAM has been put in place for the laser show.

At least it’s only cautionary.

Yes, just a warning so pilots don’t look straight at it wondering what that light is. They’ve had them in place for previous light displays off the top of buildings on the prom.

McArthurGlen Designer Outlet village at Cannock
16/02/23 1745 hrs with DJI mini 3 Pro
ISO 100
Shutter speed 1/20s
EV 0
No filters. 5 x Bracketed DNGs merged and edited in Lightroom.

The designer Outlet is an outlet shopping centre near Cannock, Staffordshire. It’s owne.tarted in 2017 and completion was delayed by the Covid-19 pandemic, eventually opening in 2020/21.

On my way back from dropping my car off for it’s service I saw the broody looking sky so thought it would be nice to take a photo! Still working on night shots but getting there… slowly!

PS. Not a bridge in sight! :crazy_face:

11 Likes

Entry
Scarborough Harbour
North Yorkshire

Taken 1729 12th Feb 2023
DJI Mini3 pro

9 Likes

What am I going to do now :rofl:

Inskip, with Winter Hill in the distance ?

( That was my Plan B )

I’ve got a couple of ideas, just need the weather to improve

Go on if i must, from Morecambe’s first of hopefully may light festivals. the weather was a bit damp with a misty drizzle but what a turn out. if you get to fly tomorrow @Crackerjack you may get some good shots.

4 Likes

I’m not here tomorrow, went last night and tonight. Yesterday was a little wet so no flight. One flight tonight and not good photos, out with family so busy playing with grandkids and wedding discussions. Then it rained again.

Was that you on the beach by the clock tower?

As we left just before 8, a mini 2 variant was flying over the crowds and mini-wheel :frowning:

Had the mini 3 over the back of the winter garden the walked over to by the hovercraft shed. And put the mavic 2 up. There was a guy on the jetty with a mavic 3.
I thought a spotted another drone down by the clock tower but wasn’t sure.

I flew briefly by the clock tower with crees. Could have been a Mavic 3 that appeared later, hi-vis jacket on the beach and a very controlled flight the length of the beach. Then the Mini 2 appeared over the top of everyone for a while but that flew back toward the Eden hole. Next stop babysitting in yorkshire then relaxing in the peak district for a week.