RTF Competition February 4th to 17th 2024 - Angular

Here we go again!

You have two weeks to create the most wonderful images on the subject chosen by poll from three of your suggestions: Angular

Granny may have been sucking eggs since before we were all born but something good always bears repeating, in this case the rules which occasionally a few of you may have glanced at …

RTF RULES
Scope

The requirement is to submit a still image created using a drone to illustrate the subject of the competition. This round will run from 00:01 Sunday 4th to 23:00 Saturday, February 17th 2024 and the subject is Angular

The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open. It is a Reason To Fly competition so please show that the image is created by a flying camera!

Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only. There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Please post only one image, the image you wish to be judged, in this thread.

Images must be posted with the following information as a minimum:

In Capitals as the first line of your post:

THIS IS MY ENTRY

If this is not done at the time of posting the picture will be ignored. Should it be absolutely necessary to change your picture then delete the previous picture and add “This is my entry” - as above - as the first line of your new post. If in any doubt contact the Challenges Committee
(@Challenges_Committee)

Further Information is required

• Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Voting

Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.

Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not.

You may vote for one, all, some or none of the entries.

The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members selecting from three that have been picked at random from the subject list. You may make additions to the list at any time.

The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later. Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00

The winner, second and third-placed competitors will be announced shortly after the vote is closed

Have Fun! Be Safe!

All flights are the sole responsibility of the individual conducting them. Each competitor must abide by the drone code and adhere to the limitations and restrictions imposed upon them by aviation law, the aircraft being used and the qualifications they hold. Landowners’ wishes and permissions must be respected. If a flight is undertaken in a restricted zone proof of permission having been granted is required.

E&OE
4 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY
Derby Bus Station complex.
7th Feb 2024 around 2pm
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Lightly edited on my iPad

8 Likes

This is my Entry

The Pavilions - Bristol - ///caked.loves.help
7/2/24 16:20
Mini 4 Pro.

Just a 5 minute walk from home, been waiting for the weather to calm down to get the photo.

7 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY
Angular
Douai Abbey West Berkshire
10,02,2024 @ 11,45 am
Mavic 3 classic
Wide Pano & Very Heavy Crop.

8 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Tomlinson House ( Veterans Agency ), Norcross, Blackpool
11/02/24, 12:40, DJI Mini 2

4 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Hope Island,Skelmersdale,Lancs.
Date 10/02/24
Time 08:19
Drone DJI air 2s

11 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

The only building with any interesting angles within walking distance of home :frowning:

Hayling Island Lifeboat Station
Mini 2
13:30 12/02/24

6 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Longore Square

Taken on Sunday 11th February 2024.
With DJI Mini 3pro @ 09:34.
Location Longore Square Nottingham.
///firm.grapes.split

9 Likes

This is my entry

Wyndham Court Southampton

Taken on the 15th Feb @ 11.30 am
DJI Mini 2, 1/640s, ISO: 100, Altitude :50 m

I came across this and the surrounding topic of brutalist architecture whilst googling angular buildings, a fair few being familiar buildings/landmarks in London however this was had the appeal of forming a spiral from the air.

5 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Broadcasting Tower- Leeds
08/02/2024 - 07:28
DJI Mini 3 Pro.
ISO 100.
Shutter 2s, -0.7ev.

7 Likes

I recognise that! I was in Southampton for the first time in several years last week. I left the station in the pouring rain to catch a bus to the General Hospital. While waiting for what seemed to be hours I had plenty of time to study the superb architecture of the block. :slight_smile:

Picture from Google Earth

1 Like

That’s the one, it’s an imposing building, if we ever have an rtf for building art, the parade on the left might be a candidate.

THIS IS MY ENTRY
Old norse lodge care Home--1
Old Norse Lodge Care Home Grimsby Newly opened care home with 66 rooms

Taken 1416 17th February 2024 DJI Mini4 pro

3 Likes

And now to pick the winners!

You can vote for all, none, some or one of the entries but please do so before the poll closes on Monday 19th at 22:00 if you want to be counted!

@group-challenges

1 Like

The weather has been a wee bit kinder this time around, the days are getting longer - there’s hope for us yet! :slight_smile:

It’s nice to see some excellent pictures but, as always, three have been voted by the GADC members to be the best of the best. So, in third place you have selected the sunrise picture of the sculpture on Hope Island, one of Skelmersdale’s many roundabouts. Well done to Ady - @Leylo1971 for interpreting the subject so well

The largest of Skelmersdales many roundabouts, this artwork is part of an award winning improvement project was completed in 2002, called the Elements. This involved the installation of public art sculptures on the major roundabouts along the town’s main road corridor which also include a fibre optic light tower as well as a fascinating sculpture made up of images of local residents. The Marie Curie Hope Island is the home of the Gateway artwork, as well as a tribute to all cancer sufferers. The Elements project was given a Royal Town Planning Institute award soon after its completion

Second is Jim - @Kings - with the dramatic Leeds Broadcasting Tower, another shot early in the morning (ChallCom is intrigued to discover that there are two 7:28’s in the day :slight_smile: )

And, being lazy, we are going to repeat Jim’s use of the Wiki entry for the tower:

In first place, looking like a rural interpretation of a Union Flag is Jason’s - @Acedrone - treatment of the subject, an overhead view of Longore Square in Lenton Nottingham, just west of the University’s Jubilee Campus.

Well done to our winners and to all who competed - and don’t forget the current competition, Black and White

5 Likes

Many thanks for the votes people👍. Nice entries for 1st and 2nd place @Acedrone and @Kings, good stuff lads.

Also, thanks to @Challenges_Committee for posting a description of the image I posted. Could I hell find any decent one at time of posting :+1:.

Just on a side note, one the other islands which holds the ‘fascinating sculpture of local residents’ I helped create at Lancashire Steel back in 98’ I think it was. Laser cut 8 x 4 sheets of steel of images of local people. Looks good :+1:.

Anyways thanks again for the votes, it was worth the effort to get me arse out and fly again​:+1::+1:

5 Likes

Well done, super images. The union flag did it for me!

1 Like