RTF Competition June 19th to July 2nd - Roads - Winners Announced

You voted

We counted

The subject for the next RTF Challenge is:

RTF RULES

Scope

**The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition. The subject for the competition running from 00:01 Sunday June 19th to 23:00 Saturday July 2nd 2022 is ROADS

• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight - so somewhat higher than your eyeline please!
  • Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.
  • Videos must be a maximum of 30 seconds and hosted on Vimeo or YouTube. Paste the url on a separate line in your post - this will allow the moderators to make a five second gif of a section of your video for entry into the poll.
  • Competitors can create as many images as they wish and submit them in separate posts in this thread.However, only one image of any one subject will be accepted for judging. If you are making multiple entries please indicate which one you wish to be your competition entry at the time of posting.
  • You may not post multiple entries of a single subject without indicating which one you wish to be judged unless you are happy for the judges to make that decision for you,
  • mages must be posted with the following information as a minimum:
  • Aircraft/camera used
  • Feel free to add any further information that you think will be of interest

Drone Scene

• A valid. sensible and original Drone Scene entry for your image will gain two bonus votes when judging takes place - i.e. there must be no prior Drone Scene entry for the subject of your photograph.
  • Please note the qualifier “sensible” in the previous sentence. Drone Scene entries should be of places and objects that other pilots may want to photograph, for example traffic islands or derelict barns may fall outwith that description!*

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for two days after the closing date for competition entries.
  • Voting in the poll is open to all GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries.
  • Any image that is correctly added to the Drone Scene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded two bonus votes.
  • In the event of a tie a guest judge will decide the winner
  • The original media may be requested by the judges in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday around 22:30. The subject will be chosen by a poll of GADC members.
  • The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.00 fourteen days later.• Voting by poll will be open for a further two days until Monday 22:00
  • The winner will be announced once the vote is closed and counted

Have Fun!

Skydiving for Dummies. ERRATA Chapter 1 page 13: For state Zip Code read pull ripcord
5 Likes

And if time or the weather stops you flying - try this

Those pesky mages are back! :grin:

Captured in The Dungeon Dimensions, 7.20am on Sunday 19 June using Google image search. :wink:

Where we’re going we don’t need roads!

2 Likes

I know someone in a band called White Line. They’re very middle of the road.

It is Father’s Day

I’ll get the ball rolling. After much deliberation, I’ve decided on a video entry.

This is, as the title suggests, is the old A625, Mam Tor Road.

From Wikipedia:
This section of the road was first constructed in 1819 by the Sheffield & Chapel-en-le-Frith Turnpike Company using spoil from the nearby Odin Mine. It replaced a much earlier, ancient packhorse route, running through the Winnats Pass. Also known locally as “The New Road”, the new section was set at an easier gradient than the earlier Winnats Pass route and crossed the Mam Tor landslide. As a result of further movement of the Mam Tor landslide, major road works were required in 1912, 1933, 1946, 1952 and 1966. On the last occasion, the road was closed for six weeks. In 1974 large parts of the Mam Tor section collapsed during a massive landslide. Additional road works were carried out regularly, when wet years led to further landslides. Finally, the Mam Tor section of the road was abandoned in 1979.

Taken with the Mavic Mini, 2021-06-20 20:30

7 Likes

And as a bonus, here are a couple of multi-shot panoramas, stitched together with Microsoft ICE.

6 Likes
  • Location: The Junction of the A441 Alvechurch Highway/Alcester Highway and the A448 Bromsgrove Highway/Warwick Highway. Redditch.
  • Time and date: 11amish Tuesday 21st June
  • Aircraft/camera used: DJI Mini 3 Pro

I particularly like this junction because from above it looks like a butterfly.

I did do a hyper lapse, but it’s cropped it awfully and because 1st hyper lapse with this drone, hadn’t adjusted settings to keep the saved pictures for manual processing! :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

Shame I couldn’t use my mini 2 would have msde an interesting Road entry. :hot_face: :rofl: Main street in Pompeii

4 Likes

Is that Frankie Howard in the distance?

Green lane’s between Barton le clay and Barton Hills, taken this evening on mini 2 at dusk. Lane is part gravel and tarmac

9 Likes

Showing ya age there. Impossible to get a picture without someone appearing at the last second. Dead inconsiderate I’d say! :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve spent a few days obsessed with tilt shift videos so thought I’d try my hand at one for this.

So here is a little clip of a little Ayr Esplanade

• Time/Date: 23/06/2022@19:20
  • Aircraft used: Mini 3 Pro

I was a little surprised to find Ayr beach wasn’t on Dronescene, so have added it in:

5 Likes

Sorry to interrupt while you are all busy searching out stunning roads to photograph but could you please spare a moment to vote for the subject of the competition to follow this one - linky thing

Following a motorbike along Scotforth Rd, Lancaster, near Jubilee Tower

Filmed 19/6/22, GoPro Hero 9 mounted on a 6S iFlight Nazgul

11 Likes

A50 (Kingsway) - Farrel St. roundabout and Mersey bridge in Warrington, Cheshire.
22/06/22 17:55
Mavic Air 2

8 Likes

Building site in Fleckney, Leicestershire off of Leicester Road where I live. Taken about 3 in the afternoon 23/06/2022 with the Mini 2. This was literally taken about half an hour after the tarmac had been laid, I was hoping to get a shot as it was being done but I just missed it. I took off and landed in the local park.

7 Likes

Taken with DJI Mini SE, a40 just outside Burford, 27/6/22 19:00

I was hoping to get red fields of poppies but from anything higher than 2 metres they just looked like my overgrown garden, so got a red motorbike Instead

7 Likes