RTF Competition May 21st to June 3rd - Winners Announced!

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Avebury Stone Circle and Henge, Wiltshire

• Date: Saturday, 27 May 2023, 20:09
  • Drone: DJI Mini 3 Pro
  • Method: 6 x 5 bracketed sets, manual pano

This is the largest stone circle in the world, a place of worship to the gods for nearly 5,000 years. One of my favourite spots. Managed by NT so always TOAL 1m outside the boundary. The area around Avebury in Wiltshire contains an extraordinary cluster of monuments dating to the Mesolithic, Neolithic and Bronze Age. It is the epicentre of ancient Britain.

8 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY

St Alkmund’s Church, Duffield, Derbyshire
Sunday 28 May 07:46
DJI Mini

This is the first time I’ve had the DJI MIni out since last September. I thought I was going to make a bit of a joke by submitting a picture of Pride Park Stadium (I don’t do football, myself) but the DJI Authorzation Zone decided that wasn’t happening.

So I did something else instead and then consoled myself with this quick, rather lacklustre shot of St Alkmund’s on the way home.

4 Likes

This is my entry!

Not my best photo but here it is.

Time: 2:50 pm Mon/29/May/2023
Dji Mini 1.

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY
29th May around 14:20 on a DJI Mini2

St Peter’s Seminary, Cardross
St. Peter’s Seminary is a former Roman Catholic Seminary. Designed by the firm of Gillespie, Kidd & Coia, it has been described by the international architecture conservation organisation DOCOMOMO as a modern building of world significance and is a Grade A listed building. A Modernist brutalist construction and is widely considered to be one of the most important examples of modernist architecture in Scotland.
It’s quite a fascinating place that I will be revisiting when more time allows to explore the interior, the FPV guys would LOVE this place!!! Oh, and it does contain a chapel as well, just in case.

3 Likes

I’ve only just started photographing my potential entries and I feel like I’ve already lost to you :rofl:

Absolutely not. I’m sure your entry will be even better :clap:

1 Like

Mate, that golden hour lighting everything up is something else!

:+1: A place I’ve been meaning to photograph for ages.

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Glasgow Central Mosque - 29th May 2023 - 8:38pm - Mini 3 Pro.
Built in 1983, the Glasgow Central Mosque is Scotland’s largest mosque.

4 Likes

I’ll be going back!!! But maybe with a mate, it’s not a place I’d like to be on my own with a few grand of kit on show

2 Likes

THIS IS MY ENTRY
St Marys church
Shaw Newbury berks
mavic 3 classic
29,05,23 @ 8,45 ish
5 bracket HDR

2 Likes

@dak Join the club Dakin. :rofl: Don’t let it stop you though… maybe one day we might enter one that actually wins! :grin::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

THIS IS MY ENTRY

The Church Of St. Illtyd, Neath, Wales

• Taken: 23/05/2023 19:20
  • With : DJI Mini 2
  • Settings : 1/400 sec at f /2.8, ISO:100
  • Height: 30m
  • Conditions: fine.

Set beside the banks of the Neath River, this is the Church Of St. Illtyd, on the way out of Neath towards Tonna in South Wales. The Parish Church of Saint illtyd, has a tower dating from the Norman period (11th to 13th century) and restored in 1859.

The history of St Illtyd’s Church dates back to the time of the Saint himself. Illtyd was a 6th Century teacher and tradition has it that he used to retire during Lent to the banks of the River Nedd, at a point where the present church now stands.

4 Likes

MY ENTRY
Lichfield Cathedral taken 1 Jun 23 at 14.27hrs with DJI mini 3 Pro
5 x bracketed JPG (somehow I had turned off DNG and didn’t notice till I got home :cry:)
ISO100
Pretty windy!

Unfortunately, the cathedral is having its central spire repaired but I still like it!

6 Likes

I visited in 2019, but I’d love to back, it’s a great place to explore:

https://greyarro.ws/t/urban-exploration-urbex/20118/5?u=kvetner

THIS IS MY ENTRY

Not one but two cathedrals in one shot.

Taken Liverpool 0602 hrs 22nd may 2023 DJI Mini3 Pro

In the foreground Liverpool Cathedral (Church of England.)
This has the worlds highest gothic arches and viewing area.With a height of 331 feet (101 m) it is also one of the world’s tallest non-spired church buildings . The cathedral is based on a design by Giles Gilbert Scott and was constructed between 1904 and 1978. The total external length of the building, including the Lady Chapel 189 m making it the longest cathedral in the world;

In the left background about 1/2 mile away is Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral, (Roman Catholic) officially known as the Metropolitan Cathedral of Christ the King and locally nicknamed “Paddy’s Wigwam” Construction began in 1962 and was completed in 1967.

2 Likes

This was my first choice, at sunset, until I found the Preston England temple in Chorley

Preston one is really good.

I can just see in the distance where we live…Ashurst beacon🤣

THIS IS MY ENTRY
12:45 2 June 2023
Mini 3 pro
Bethlehem chapel
Rhosllanerchrugog

Bethlehem Chapel was built 1812 and modified, altered or rebuilt in 1839, 1876 and again in 1889 (when the architect was Owen Morris Roberts of Porthmadoc). There were further modifications in 1908 and 1926. It is built in the Romanesque style with a gable entry plan, pyramidal roof, integral clock tower on the left and a canted stair tower/spire on the right. This chapel is now Grade 2 Listed as an unusual example of the Rundbogenstil facade, .

5 Likes