RTF Competition November 20th to Saturday December 3rd - Winners Announced

Nice one, Barrie, well captured. Only 2 videos in this comp, and one of them is yours :+1:

1 Like

Peak Forest Canal-Hyde
@ 8.00 ish
*DJI Mini 2 *

16 Likes

Entry 2
Kings Langley GUC
10:13am ish
Mini 3 Pro
Music: Eric Matyas

6 Likes

Choose the subject for the next round - here

These new drone laws seem very restrictive, especially on altitude …

Basingstoke canal, between Fleet and Odiham
Lucky enough to spot a canal barge slowly making its way along the canal.
Taken on the 25th November 2022 at around 14:50 as the sun was starting to set.
ND 32 filter
DJI Mini 2
Processed in DV resolve.

3 Likes

I’m going for a slightly abstract view of Canals.

This was taken at 15.32 this afternoon at Wigan Locks on the Leeds/Liverpool Canal, nearest the bridge on Cale Lane. The property is next to the towpath and the mural must represent Wigans Industrial Heritage.

Drone used was DJi Mini 3

6 Likes

My first entry into the Challenge.
Neath canal aquaduct over the river Neath
27/11
Around 11.30
Air2S
Entry 1
Ffotgot to add the image in the first post!

7 Likes

Kennet & avon canal between hungerford & kintbury, TOAL will be the same as already added to drone scene.
@3.30 ish
Mavic air 2

8 Likes

Campbell Park - Canal
Milton keynes Grand Union Canal

• Location Campbell Park - Canal
  • Time and date 08:34 26/11/2022
  • Aircraft/camera used DJI Air2s

6 Likes

Neath Canal Lock
Resolven
3Pro
27/11
Entry 2

6 Likes

On the Cut
Brecon Canal
Mini 3 Pro
27/11
1330ish
Entry 3

4 Likes

This is my entry for the Canals Competition. It was the first photo I’d ever taken with my new Mini 3 Pro (5 bracketed AEB’s merged as HDR using Photoshop Camera Raw with next to no Colour grading. The photo was take on the 22/11/22 at 1556hrs.

This photo was taken a few minutes before the one above using the same method/settings and post editing, just thought it would be nice to show it as well.

Drone Scene entry with full description of Haywood Junction and what going on close by!

5 Likes

Foxton Locks

• 27/11 1pm
  • DJI Mini 3 Pro
  • Britain’s largest canal lock staircase, which after an hours drive was annoyingly not very impressive from an aerial perspective. Must more impressive from ground level. Oh well. Not like I had to also pull the dog out of the canal, and get her out of the closed off inclined boat lift area after jumping off a 10ft drop, while I’m also trying to safely land a drone. Absolute dickhead dog.
  • Already on dronescene

7 Likes

I nearly went there myself today to this place as it is not far from me ,but the weather did not look too good.

Weather was fine, the sun tried to peak through but the clouds were having none of it.

If we get clear skys next weekend i might give it a try as you said it is a very impressive place

Ulverston Canal

• 27/11/22 10:30am

• Mini 3 Pro

• 5 image HDR (a bit over kill)
    ISO 100
    1/2000 shutter
    f/1.7

• Drone Scene

• The Ulverston Canal is claimed to be the deepest, widest and straightest canal in the UK . At only 2km long it is entirely straight and on a single level. The canal was completed in 1796, in order to provide the town of Ulverston, one and a half miles from the coast at Morecambe Bay, with a port.
    Also as far as I know its the only canal in Cumbria with water in it, so my options where a little short.

4 Likes

Northchurch Pumping Station
12:33 pm
Mini 3 Pro

5 Likes

The Bridgewater Canal from Timperley towards Manchester

Mini 3 Pro

Taken on yesterday 28/11/22

7 Likes