Music (train sound) Eric Matyas

1 Like

@MA2flyer its the 30th November :smiley::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Crackerjack ???

Thanks.- corrected.

2 Likes

New Competition Announced!

And once you have finished admiring the new competition here is a free advent calendar for you!

Union Canal, Taken on Mini2 around13:00, 3rd December 2022

2 Likes

Aylesbury Arm GUC (Bridge 2)
Mini 3 Pro
14:12 pm

Last gasp entry - winds gusting

@group-challenges

Vote for the winners

We have a wee problem / challenge /opportunity (take your pick according to the management style you were taught :slight_smile: )

Loads of pictures, check. Two You Tube videos, check. Four Vimeo videos … aaah! Our poll making software won’t display a video from a url. The site won’t accept a video upload. So we use a third party gif maker that allows free 5-second animated gifs from hosted videos. Tonight it is not accepting Vimeo- hosted video for conversion.

So to be fair to our video entrants we have re-posted them and numbered them from one to six so that you can vote, if you wish, for the corresponding number in the poll. So here goes:

(See the videos below)

4 Likes

@Challenges_Committee

When there is a vote, can it not be pinned to the top of the home page as I :scream: and I am sure many others sometimes miss them as it gets lost in the threads

I am certain this would increase the % of voters :wink:

Do you not get a notification by being a member of the group. Can confirm you’re in it. I don’t want to tag it because then 41 people get a notification. See the top of the voting post.

Yeah I do but like you say there are only 41 in that group

Just thought if it was pinned more would vote and participate

We are limited in what we can do and are expected to remain within the challenges category. Pinning posts to the front page is down to the main committee who have been helpful in the past with major nnouncements such as the Birthday Challenge. Whether they would see the regular fortnightly pinning of an announcement (and for how long?) fitting in with their plans is something we will have to discuss.

2 Likes

Cheers Guys and Dolls :+1: don’t worry it’s not massively important and with Crimbo coming then kiddies that need a pressie from Santa are more important :wink:

This was a very well subscribed round of the RTF competition, especially considering some of the weather that we have been experiencing. The entry has produced two third place winners, the frequent visitor to the top trio - @Acedrone with a top down picture of the Campbell Park segment of the Grand Union Canal:

Tying with Jason was Richard - @Kirky with an above eye-level image of the Kennet and Avon Canal near Newbury:

Richard managed to beat himself with his second placed picture, the Kennett and Avon canal again, this time at Kintbury, possibly restarting the debate of whether to concentrate on one image or adopt a more generous sprinkling of entries. Well done again, Richard

And the winner for this round is a new name on the board as far as we can recall, @Derek.RC with a great atmospheric shot of a canal and a walker with dogs in a subtly coloured autumn setting. Well done Derek for a lovely shot of the Peak Forest canal as it passes through Hyde and well done for keeping the Mini 2 clear of those trees!

The next competition, Abstract, is already underway - here - and you have a chance to see pictures from a variety of contestants in our special runners-up RTF Advent Calendar.

Have fun, fly safe!

@group-challenges

9 Likes

Well done and congratulations guys. Great entries indeed from the winners and everyone who took part in the comp. :clap:

3 Likes

Some absolutely stunning photos there chaps, well.done indeed.

4 Likes

Well done, great shots, very atmospheric. Hope Dec brings calmer, less rainy conditions so we can all get out.

3 Likes

Well flattered and thankyou guy’s for votes but hands up everyone’s pictures and videos are winners i say all fantastic well done. :wink:

2 Likes

All great entries and well done to the winners :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Well done guys, some great pics! :+1: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes