RTF Photo Competition OPEN - 04/10 to to 17/10 - A MONUMENT

The subject chosen by GADC members for the second unofficial GADC photo/video competition is:

mon

RTF RULES = yes, read them!

““Scope””

• The requirement is to submit an image, either a photo or video, to illustrate the subject of the competition -A MONUMENT

• The image must be captured during the time that the competition is open and obviously be taken by a drone in flight

• Editing is confined to colour and exposure adjustments and crop only (still) plus zoom and frame rate (video) There must be no removal or pasting of an object.

Voting

• Images will be judged by the members of GADC who may vote for any number of images by means of an anonymous poll open for five days after the closing date for competition entries.

• Voting in the poll is open to al GADC members, whether they have entered the competition or not. You may vote for all, some or none of the entries

• Any image that is correctly added to the Dronescene map with details including the Drone Code compliant take-off and landing point will be awarded three bonus votes.

• In the event of a tie the guest judge will decide the winner

• The original media may be requested by the judge in case of a dispute.

Schedule

• The competition subject will be announced every second Saturday at around 19:00.

• The competition will run from Sunday 00.01 to Saturday 23.59 fourteen days later.

• Voting by poll will be open for a further five days until Thursday 23:59.

• The winner will be announced on Friday, around 19:00

For more information please re-read this post …

6 Likes

TL;DR

New subject - monument

Rule tightened - must be taken by drone in flight

New voting - anonymous poll after close of entries to decide winner

Still 3 bonus points for Dronescene entry

3 Likes

6 Likes

Thanks for this, I was just about to ask about the definition of a monument :confused: My first thought was we have a ton of castles up here but they are not monuments as such :thinking: Reading this though changes that :+1:t2: :grinning:

2 Likes

Monuments, got a feeling this is going to produce some great photos. Good choice guys. :camera: :helicopter:

2 Likes

So can I ask would a Church or a War Memorial be considered a Monument?

1 Like

A war memorial is certainly a monument - to those whose names are inscribed upon it.

For the purposes of this competition only, disregarding any definition from other sources, I’m ruling that churches are not.

[ducks, awaiting incoming] :bomb:

4 Likes

I think the weather may be a major factor. It’s none too clever now but looks like being really hard next weekend

4 Likes

:rofl: rather a large front moving in

3 Likes

Definitely is @Drumsagard. Just travelled the nc500 a couple of weeks back. The choice of castles to enter here would have been amazing. Shame I,m back to work now!

1 Like

@macspite I assume a 13th century Priory would have been acceptable. I,m kicking myself for posting Lanercost last week. Should have waited and tried to have gone out today!!

1 Like

You can still post it if you go out and take new photos/video. The only issue is if you already posted it on drone scene you won’t get the 3 bonus votes

I could do although I ll probably have a scout around for another location first before running the gauntlet of the EH wardens here again.

1 Like

I don’t know what I’m gonna do for this one. Manic at work, awful weather and my Wedding Anniversary are gonna make this a difficult one :grimacing: lol

2 Likes

Happy anniversary love, I’m taking you to see a monument and have a picnic. Oh and bring the gazebo. :smirk::wink::+1::grimacing:

4 Likes

Lmao my thoughts exactly. Not sure it will go down too well? Only one way to find out I guess :rofl:

1 Like

Well it was nice knowing you. :skull: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey Dear for our Anniversary this year I wanna do something really special just for you. Quick question, what’s your favourite monument? :rofl:

1 Like

Table Mountain, be careful what you ask

3 Likes

Think this might her answer…

1 Like